• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help before I have a disaster.

i agree with dan, you need to question the durability of that stand, if its bowing now and its not full, whats going to happen when it is full, you start causing turbulance in the tank with waves, moving water has allot of force, instability can be a disaster, my 175 is about 1/4 to 1/2 off from left to right, i let it be because i would rather deal with my tank being a little off than compromising the integrity of my stand, and my stand is all hardwood, besides once its full you cant see that the water line is uneven unless you let your water level drop below the tanks top trim, pressed wood sucks, especially where water and moisture is prevelent

Well it is an Oceanic stand so I think the issue is more my fix then the stand. I need to support the center more which in the front is very easy. I will check to see if I can get the shims in the back as per Mike. If so then I don't think it is a big issue. I am probably freeking out more then I need to.

there have been a few reports of the tech stands not holding up
be very cautious with it. When the tank is full people have reported it to be flimsy. if you nock into it the stand sways. It is made a partical board.
Good luck. maby add some pracing inside on the top if there is room after you shim it to help with the bow

I have shimmed it up. I discussed it with MikeM and followed his suggestions. Everything worked out there are no bows or anything. I see now my floor is level and then sort of dips unfortunately. I had a small AP in the corner so it was on the level part and I never noticed it. Now I am working on getting it running. I will soon post some pics in my other thread.

Big thanks to MikeM and couple others who really helped me out.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Glad it all worked for you. Can't wait to see it up and running. Good luck.

my stand is a tech stand, i did extra bracing inside due to the fact that it is just a frame with plastic facial, so i dont think ill have any problems, i hope, my glass doors open straight never had to adjust since initial setup

waynes reef said:
my stand is a tech stand, i did extra bracing inside due to the fact that it is just a frame with plastic facial, so i dont think ill have any problems, i hope, my glass doors open straight never had to adjust since initial setup

Thanks I noticed you had the same sort of stand. The only real problem I hear is that the doors are too tight sometimes. The one on my end was hung wrong you could see it so I was able to get it straight, sort of just went into place after a bunch of fiddling. Let me know how yours holds up, if you start to have any problem or I do I will let you know.
James

good to hear it worked out for you. Sorry I disappeared. Work has been... time consuming. Should be back more regularly after the 15th. (I hope)