• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help... Clown Invasion

8/17. During the wrap up of today’s virtual Zoom meeting. I spotted eggs/larva on my back glass being tended by my pair of clowns.
Help Please. I know it won’t be easy And more likely unsuccessful. but I would like to attempt to get them to survive. Any. I mean any info or advice. To get them off the glass and into another tank. Do I just razor blade them off and siphon them up. But then what do I do with them. Ahhhhhh have to overload my head on inaccurate you tube videos. Please tell me someone here as been thu this situation 3A6B351C-6F55-4584-8DD3-11D5EA546374.jpegF3478480-6623-4715-87C8-0832F290A41F.jpeg
FYI. I believe it’s between day five and seven as they have eyes. (How I missed this happening is beyond me. I quite literally view, watch take pics everyday)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You have to have the Phyto and rotifers ready to go when they lay the eggs. I'd say this clutch is fish food. But if you get a phyto culture going to feed the rotifers, to feed the new babies, you'll be good to go. If you have an active pair, they should lay again in a month or so. I am by no means an expert, or even a newbie on raising clowns. I'm hoping @Hawkeye is still checking in.....he raised multiple clutches of clownfish, and knows his stuff.

You have to have the Phyto and rotifers ready to go when they lay the eggs. I'd say this clutch is fish food. But if you get a phyto culture going to feed the rotifers, to feed the new babies, you'll be good to go. If you have an active pair, they should lay again in a month or so. I am by no means an expert, or even a newbie on raising clowns. I'm hoping @Hawkeye is still checking in.....he raised multiple clutches of clownfish, and knows his stuff.
Thank you soooo much. Reading like a mad man. I will shoot to absolutely fish. In the morning. And pick up phyto and rotifers

Nice. Agree with Paul. Contact Phil (Hawkeye) he raised many baby clowns.
I will try. But after reading pretty much all night. And seeing what stage the larva are at. I am fairly certain they will be hatching and free swimming tonight. Think I will loose this set sadly. But will start trying to culture rotifers and phyto. And setting up a situation much more conducive to success

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Are those the mocha storm clowns we got May 27, 2019, at Acquarium Care Center?
this is funny. are you guys in the same room or one upstairs and one downstairs hehehehe. don't worry my wife and i also text when she's in the basement and I'm in living room!! =P

this is funny. are you guys in the same room or one upstairs and one downstairs hehehehe. don't worry my wife and i also text when she's in the basement and I'm in living room!! =P
She was upstairs like an intelligent person attempting to sleep while this idiot was downstairs doing silly things trying to clowns and learn. I’m sure I will lose them but it’s been quite an experience. Not positive but I believe the power outage and increased tank temp may have contributed to the spawn

That happened to me over Sandy....had a freshwater [lanted tank and with the temp drop I had white cloud minnows everywhere. The dark combined with the algae bloom gave them plenty of places to hide. If you can catch any of the babies, maybe try to put them in the refuglum? Some protection there and possibly some food small enough to support them? Not ideal but worth a shot?

I am now prepping for the next time they decide it’s time. The babies have already started detaching and I have NO chance of catching them. So I have turned of skimmer and return. Just left internal circulation. I have a ton of live rock in tank. Perhaps to much. So who knows. Doubtful but perhaps in a few months I’ll spot a little Moca Storm peaking its little head out

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I am now prepping for the next time they decide it’s time. The babies have already started detaching and I have NO chance of catching them. So I have turned of skimmer and return. Just left internal circulation. I have a ton of live rock in tank. Perhaps to much. So who knows. Doubtful but perhaps in a few months I’ll spot a little Moca Storm peaking its little head out
I got dibs on a pair !! :)