• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

HELP: In Need Of Pump to borrow!!!!

I am just very nervous because this happened before and some of my corals died In The past.

So, you think my best bet is to get the pump today and then let the pump run with the UV sterilizer?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I am just very nervous because this happened before and some of my corals died In The past.

So, you think my best bet is to get the pump today and then let the pump run with the UV sterilizer?

with your description of what happened, it sounds like there was a bacertial bloom in the tank. i would try to find a air pump for now to get some o2 in there since o2 will be low.

was the wire still in the water when it snapped off from the pump?? if it was, i wouldn't be surpised if something died in there and caused the bacerial bloom.

if you can, do a water change asap. also, get an air pump in there asap.

with your description of what happened, it sounds like there was a bacertial bloom in the tank. i would try to find a air pump for now to get some o2 in there since o2 will be low.

was the wire still in the water when it snapped off from the pump?? if it was, i wouldn't be surpised if something died in there and caused the bacerial bloom.

if you can, do a water change asap. also, get an air pump in there asap.

Yeah, the pump snapped in the middle of the night and I heard noises coming from it. It was then when I realized that something was wrong with it.

I have a bunch of stuff in boxes. From the move I am sure I can find a small pump he could have used.
Send a picture of the back chamber.... I have an even smaller pump from harbor freight that I used to use water earlier on.. may be your best bet now that I think of it.
Are one of you guys willing to lend me the pump you talked about for a couple of days?
I desperately need one.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
It looks like you are in Paramus so I wouldn’t make sense for you to drive down to my location.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Hallowhead do you still have the pump you said that you could let me borrow? Amada said it wasn’t worth it because of the location.

hey, if you're having issues securing a pump. i highly suggest adding a air stone/air pump in there to at least oxygenate the water, along with your power head pointed at the top. move your heater into the display temporarily, till you get a pump. it will keep your tank heated and going. also, do a water change asap.

hey, if you're having issues securing a pump. i highly suggest adding a air stone/air pump in there to at least oxygenate the water, along with your power head pointed at the top. move your heater into the display temporarily, till you get a pump. it will keep your tank heated and going. also, do a water change asap.
The heater is in the display and I just went out and got an air pump. I will do a water change immediately.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
As stated I wouldnt be home until later in the evening. You haven't sent a photo of the back chamber to ensure the pump i have will fit. I'll be home in ~ an hour.

Send a photo of the pump you currently have so I can compare to the one I have