• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Help panic mode

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Same here, just came on. But stupid me, I forgot to turn off the ato and got about a gal of top off pumped in.

Did a 2g water change so hopefully everything should be ok

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paulie, glad to see you made it through this one!

BUY A GENERATOR....even an inexpensive one. A $300 generator saved my tank during Sandy....24/7 for over 7 days. I actually had to pull it out again yesterday because our power went out. Gassed it up and ran the extension cords, and BAM, the power came back on.

1596675530857.png

BUY A GENERATOR....even an inexpensive one. A $300 generator saved my tank during Sandy....24/7 for over 7 days. I actually had to pull it out again yesterday because our power went out. Gassed it up and ran the extension cords, and BAM, the power came back on.

View attachment 30557
The sad part is I had a generator just like that and I got rid of it when I quit doing construction so now I am talking my wife into putting in a real back up generator system in our house hooked right up to the electrical panel one of those big Generac generators that sit outside and run on propane

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
The sad part is I had a generator just like that and I got rid of it when I quit doing construction so now I am talking my wife into putting in a real back up generator system in our house hooked right up to the electrical panel one of those big Generac generators that sit outside and run on propane
Funny, I was talking with the Mrs about the same thing

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Glad to see some people are getting back to normal. My wife called JCP&L and they told her power will be back 8/11...WTF
Feels like Sandy all over again.
I doubt my fish and coral will survive on battery air pumps till then. Paulie was kind enough to offer, let me borrow his inverter. Only problem is I am not home during the day as I have to go elsewhere to login for work so that is not a feasible option.
I am just hoping the person on the phone is wrong and power comes back soon.

View attachment 30557
I did that before the storm to make sure my power wouldn't go out! And it did not!

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Since the HOA is giving 1 person crap for running a generator here I am looking into an inverter. Smaller and quieter and may go unnoticed.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
I lost power on Tuesday around 3:30 and just got power, cable, and internet back on in the last 30 minutes. Most of my SPS are dead/white. Waiting to see if the zoas will open back up. Fish are alive

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Good on getting power back .Stinks that you lost a lot of coral. I f you want i have some leathers assorted mushrooms maybe a stick or 2 .

I lost power on Tuesday around 3:30 and just got power, cable, and internet back on in the last 30 minutes. Most of my SPS are dead/white. Waiting to see if the zoas will open back up. Fish are alive
Damn I am so sad to hear that Diana I hope your showers open up for you and I’m happy that all your fish are still alive but that stinks about your SPS you should’ve reached out I would’ve bought you a inverter