• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hey im new :)

Just thought id drop a post by, im Mike i'm 16 and from central jersey (yes there is a central jersey even if some believe there is not). I'm just starting a seahorse tank and have been working with freshwater for about two years now.

Welcome Fishyman. how long have you been doing marine? A seahorse tank is a tough way to start in the marine hobby. They are not for beginers in my opinion. Be sure to do some research before buying. They can be picky eaters. I know someone here has them, if i could just remember who it was. LOL

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
panmanmatt is our resident seahorse expert. I think he's also highly involved with seahorse.org as a mod. You should PM him and let you know your here. He's from Central Jersey as well.
Good Luck

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh yea...where are my manners?

210_28_02_07_8_35_10.gif

C

concept3

RichTCheesy said:
panmanmatt is our resident seahorse expert. I think he's also highly involved with seahorse.org as a mod. You should PM him and let you know your here. He's from Central Jersey as well.
Good Luck

Rich, that sounded like DEJA VU! LOL

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1061612

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9384603#post9384603 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by concept3
hey sup mike, our resident NJRC seahorse keeper upper's name is panmanmatt. he knows a ton of info on the little equines if you have any questions. you can pm him here on RC or on our home site, www.njreefers.org

welcome!

-Merv

LOL I thought I posted that here!

haha yea im about to send him a PM now :). Live in Oakhurst i'm all of about 5 minutes from the ocean ;D. thanks for all the welcomes guys you all seem great. ANy of you guys shop at tropiquarium? i absoultly love their service

just seahorse.. well i'm hoping to have some corals but dont think that can qualify as a reef. I have threads at both reef central and seahorse.org should i put a thread here too?

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
fishyman said:
just seahorse.. well i'm hoping to have some corals but dont think that can qualify as a reef. I have threads at both reef central and seahorse.org should i put a thread here too?

No need to really start one here. I can follow your progress at SH.Org.

Of course if you want to post here also, by all means feel free. We love to see tank progression here as well.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Basically, Posting on SH.Org is for your benefit, Posting here is for ours. As Matt said, a tank progress thread would be nice so we can all see a seahorse tank from the start.

welcome and good luck, i had seahorses. They lived for around a year and a half. Had to feed them alot thought didn't like that, especially in the summer. How big is the tank that you are setting up?