• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hey im new :)

Hey fishyman, I'm not sure how far you are from In Living Color in Marlton, but they had a ton of really nice seahorses in there today when I was there. They were all eating frozen food, healthy, alert and active.

You should check them out!

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ILC gets their seahorses from DracoMarine, a breeder out of Baltimore, MD. I would be comfortable getting them as I know the breeder and his stock is one of the best around. He is very reputable.

heres a picture of the final aquascape all epoxied down and i must say i'm loving it
PICT0040.jpg

it took a lot of playing around until i found a formation that would give me some height and not make the tank look so empty. I'm gonna get some more rock for the sump i think but i think im all done with rock in the display.

well i finally got the seahorses in :) so figured if you werent following the thread at reef central here you go.

2 female h. erectus with fillaments

seahorse1
PICT0123.jpg

seahorse 2
PICT0142.jpg

seahorse 1
PICT0109.jpg

seahorse 2
PICT0099.jpg

seahorse 1
PICT0121.jpg

seahorse 2
PICT0102.jpg

hehe and while all this was going on my baby snail was cleaning
PICT0136.jpg

heres a video of them while aclimation

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very nice Mike. I am following at RC but figured I'd post here too. One thing I forgot to mention though, thre is a good possibility they may loose the filaments (cirri) so don't be surprised of they do.

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It is used in the wild to blend in with their surroundings. It is a genetic factor but they tend to lose it in captivity. Nobody is really sure what trigers them to lose or keep it. It is not something they all get and the ones that do don't always lose it.

It doesn't appear that age is a factor in losing it. Some will lose it early and others may keep it for over a year or more before they lose it.

sorry forgot to tell you guys here i had tested the camera and had it setup the other day but then took it down to build the underwater housing for it. I'm hoping to have it back up some time tomorow i'll let you know.