• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

how long is new sw good for?

So my power head that I use to keep the sw moving burned out and heated the water. So figuring it was about 12 non moving and over a 100 ° F would it be good to use if I chill it out?

yea i would think there would be no problem, at tose temps may have some evap that may have affected the salinity so test but it should be alight

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
yea i would think there would be no problem, at tose temps may have some evap that may have affected the salinity so test but it should be alight
Yes, definitely check the salinity first, but it should be OK.

You may also want to check pH first and make sure it's not way out of whack with what your tank is.

The levels were all good except the heat was real high. I know that most of the time it's not good to have fresh SW mix just sitting and on top of that being Real Hot. It was crazy how hot it actually got just from a siezed up power head. I'd hate to have that happen to a power head in my tank.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The levels were all good except the heat was real high. I know that most of the time it's not good to have fresh SW mix just sitting and on top of that being Real Hot. It was crazy how hot it actually got just from a siezed up power head. I'd hate to have that happen to a power head in my tank.

This is why a lot of people pay up for vortechs.