• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How to introduce new corals to tank

We just started getting back into having corals in our reef tank. Its been a long time since I have added new corals. Can someone tell be the best way to make sure they are bug free and properly acclimated to my tank. Do I dip them and put them into tank? Do I acclimate them,then dip them ,then put them into the tank. Mostly going with softies and lps. Thanks for the help

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I cut the frag plug off then dip them then put them in the tank.

I float them first to equalize the temp, then I do the same. Placement I usually start with them in the frag tank until I decide where I’m going to place them in the DT.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
remove from plug if possible. I do a Bayer dip and CoralRX dip. Rinse with new salt water then place in QT tank for 5 weeks

Last edited:

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
On SPS's, I try to match bag water to my tank water. If needed, i add calc or alk to my drip system. Lost too many SPS's from too much of an alk change.