• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
No power here in Stirling but phone service has improved and is now somewhat reliable, so I am finally able to post.

The generator I ordered last week before the storm, is still sitting in a warehouse in Elizabeth. Hopefully by tomorrow I will finally be able to go and pick it up. Guestimates are 7-10 days without power, so I will still have plenty of use for it.

I have a camp stove that I have been heating water and floating jugs of warm water. I have a blanket around the tank and this has kept the tank at 72-75 and I have one MP-10 running. I'm using computer battery backups and have been charging them over my in-laws. I have 3 that I'm cycling thru, so while one is running I have one charging and one on standby. I have one tank right now with everything in it. I couldn't keep up the two tanks, it was just non stop heating of water. I took a tank roll call today and everyone is accounted for.

B17C93E6-6D4B-49A6-8FCC-D76696030802-34475-000024EC3BF6E97A.jpg

9673AAA5-5FB1-44DC-B6C5-E1FC56083247-34475-000024EC49210386.jpg

I spent 2 hours waiting in line at the gas station today to fill up my gas cans so if/when I get my gen. I'll be ready to rock, and get some light on the tank.

As I was sitting in line at the gas station I looked out the window and discovered my truck has flat worms!! Eek!
57EB8385-71A8-441A-A1DE-9A83AF870D41-34475-000024EC522ABB38.jpg

That's going to be major pain to dip! :D

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Keep the reports coming in whenever you can gang. And don't forget to post the good news too. Sometimes that gets overlooked!

Brian, that flatworm looks nasty. You better double dip that one!

On a serious note... I'm really glad to see all our members helping each other out. Even the littlest thing like lending a gas can or posting where people can find help is something that can literally save someones tank or even keep their families comfortable through all of this. Really proud to be a NJRC member right now!

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Between the wind and surge, the water is not leaving the Raritan River. Even with low tide approaching, Weber Street and Winding River developments have had a mandatory evacuation. In the past they have seen three to four feet into the first floor. Here’s the Sayreville boat ramp and the Raritan River. Note the boat ramp is a floating dock with those pilings typically way over your head.

BoatRamp.jpg

IMG_5410.jpg

What also has me scratching my head is that the storm really hasn’t hit yet but they’ve announced that 35 thousand customers are without power in New Jersey.

Anyone hear from Paul? I keep hearing how bad Sayreville was hit and he went radio silent on Monday...

Tanks and everything else gone

I was able to return to my house today in Mystic Island my tanks are all dead.The inside of my house was filled with 4-5 feet of water from what we can tell.I am going to be out of the hobby for a bit,but I will still be active on the forums and stalk some of your tanks til I can get my own back up and running

kevin

NJRC Member
Sorry to hear Megs :(

Our power just came back on in east Brunswick

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ours came on then went back out.. Stove was still on from the other day pot holder caught on fire I woke from the smoke man that was scary... I have my wife elderly parent and two children in the house and had I not of woke and smelt something burning who knows... I need to thank my lucky stars.... Fans in all the windows smoke cleared pretty quickly thank god for the generator to run all the fans...

I know I'm a bit south from u all but gas is pretty plentiful down here and prices at 3.53 p gal. No lines either. I have a 1500 wt inverter if anyone could use. Also room in my tank or could set up a cube.
Generators are in lowes and Home Depot here also

Twisteds 40 breeder

I was able to return to my house today in Mystic Island my tanks are all dead.The inside of my house was filled with 4-5 feet of water from what we can tell.I am going to be out of the hobby for a bit,but I will still be active on the forums and stalk some of your tanks til I can get my own back up and running

Megs I'm sorry to hear about your tanks and about your house. But , glad to hear your safe.

Still no power up her in hillsborough. We will be some time without power I'm sure. Our house generator is working well, even scheduled a propane refill this week, thank goodness. What it have been doing for my tanks is power off from 1PM to 4PM. Then again from 10 PM to 6 AM. I do not have any agitation of the water, my fish load and size of fish are small and so far so good. I keep the house warm at 76 with the wood stove so by 6 in the AM the tanks read 74-73.4. Not bad! I have a huge macro algae refugium for the 55 any time power is on that is lit up in hopes of getting keeping O2 levels good. So far as I said before all the corals, sps,lps,softies,fish are well. I do not know if this will be the same if I am doing this 2 weeks from now? Time will tell.
On a side note we have the elderly neighbor and her dog with us, probably about to acquire another neighbor today and serve as shower services for our neighboring family of 4. Feels like the Brady bunch without all the polyester! I think when it is all done I will give my generator a name like the "U.S.S Save My A**"!

Ours came on then went back out.. Stove was still on from the other day pot holder caught on fire I woke from the smoke man that was scary... I have my wife elderly parent and two children in the house and had I not of woke and smelt something burning who knows... I need to thank my lucky stars.... Fans in all the windows smoke cleared pretty quickly thank god for the generator to run all the fans...

Glad to hear your safe.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As of this morning we still have no power. PSE&G said they can not turn on power back on until they find where the gas leak is in my neighborhood, they thought they found and fixed it but when they turn on the gas they are loosing lots of pressure. I am thankfully I have a generator and I am running my house and my neighbors house off it. I need to get gas for it on my way home.

Zippy glad to hear all is well with the tank. But it really kind hearted of you to bring people to your house in time of need.

Megs you can stalk our tank for frags when you guys get back up and running. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out.

I think when this is all said and done we should all get together and maybe do some kinda corals for charity thing help out the people that lost everything.I know there is a lot of people that lost a lot and I would be willing to give up a lot out of my tank to help people rebuild there's.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry for your losses Megs, but glad to hear you are ok.

Mike, that was a close one... glad you guys are ok too!

Zippy, that was great of you to take in the neighbors. I'm sure they will appreciate your generosity.

On a side-note, since my wife is currently out of work and sitting at home, she called some hotline number to volunteer to help with cleanup and stuff from the hurricane. If anyone else is available and interested, the number is 800-537-7397 (for NJ volunteers).

I think when this is all said and done we should all get together and maybe do some kinda corals for charity thing help out the people that lost everything.I know there is a lot of people that lost a lot and I would be willing to give up a lot out of my tank to help people rebuild there's.

I think this is a great idea

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Anyone hear from Paul? I keep hearing how bad Sayreville was hit and he went radio silent on Monday...
Paul is in Sayreville and no doubt that he has no power. I was talking to Bob yesterday and expressing my concerns about Paul. Bob was telling me that Paul is probably in one of the highest parts of Sayreville. I do hope he is OK.

+1 in my case were I don't have a ton to offer maybe we can get a collection together and get with one of our sponsors to get a special on coral & fish..