• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

How's everyone making out (roll call)

Ok power came on about an hour ago. Howell got spanked. I will post a picture of 1 of about 8 tress that came down across the road going to Curts hour. I saw him a day ago but couldn't since. Trees all over. Really bummed about the swap. I had no cell towers and no Internet till today. Wanted to go to the swap and enjoy myself. Oh well. Hope all are ok.

1DEA7DD4-D295-49BB-8F10-D98CD1B0B399-1823-000001CF000A7C70.jpg

1DEA7DD4-D295-49BB-8F10-D98CD1B0B399-1823-000001CF000A7C70.jpg

Haven't posted much, still spotty cell service, no power, running generator 50/50 to save on gas (now very very scarce).

Trying to keep the heat and filters running for the fish - cats are happy camping by the fireplace.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351820111.393762.jpg

Like Sandee running generator 50/50. Got a propane delivery scheduled for Sat. Our Mayor in hillsborough announced that we should have power back by 11/11....since we are on the the least priority. On a positive note the corals seem not to be stressed. I will plan for a water change this weekend. So far so good.
As for the gas, apparently the refineries in Elizabeth are without power. No power- no gas. So until power gets em going we have trucks from other states coming in.

Manasquan took a direct hit, Beachfront, 1st, 2ed, 3rd, 4th ave are gone. Power is estimated anywhere from Monday to 2 weeks or better. Acme had a huge generator delivered, Broken!
Few gas stations west of us open a few hours and sell out. We drilled out two Taxi gas tanks and have 30 gals for the generator. Took a power head and a tube + wood + grill + pot of water = Hot Shower! Curfew 7-7pm, Resident ID to go east of the tracks, No one allowed near the beach. We saw a 15 foot water mark on one house 5 blocks from the beach.
Lighter side fed-X delivered 100lb of Keys Rock today and my company is on vacation till further developments!
Gregory

Yes I had to drive under it. A couple of times. At one point route nine was closed to any turns. No traffic lights. The area over by curt was worse. He is fine by the way. Has same generator as me.
I read over the posts here. Glad for some really sad for others. I want to tell you all that one of the best things I did last year was pay for a generator connection to my house. Electrician set up a socket outside of my house that the generator connects too. I had it run the gfi outlets in all the bathrooms. So little night lights would be on. The kitchen with fridge. Garage lights and freezer and fridge. All outlets in basement for tanks sump pumps tv etc. also the safest place during a storm. I also powered outlets in my upstairs den fresh water 100 gallon ciclid tank. My downstairs furnace and hot water heater. Add 3 neighbors sump pumps and fridges. And one salt tank. It was amazing. The unit was bought from Home Depot. 5500 run watts 8500 start. Saved the day. Kept my kids warm and safe. It's crazy. But we cooked and fed 21 people over 4 days. Good neighbors. I wish I could have helped some on here. I think it's a good idea to get to know people near you. If I can help let me know...

Greg I'm in Howell if I can help this weekend let me know. Ps you sold me my first corals. Jannett ands the three kids invaded your house. :).

30 min wait, you don't have to be a member and no cash....debit and amex only. the Exxon on rte 70 and new Hampshire is now open..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well my generator is "lost in transit" meaning it was stolen from the warehouse.

I took a drive out to Allentown PA and filled up my truck and my three 5 Gal. Gas tanks. No lines and plenty of gas out there. I stopped at a Sears hardware to try and pickup a power inverter but found something even better a generator!!! It's a P.O.S. UST 5500 but a POS is better than nothing, and is enough to keep my tank and fridge running.

I do have a loss to report, my puffer didn't make it. Even after I moved him over to the main tank, I think it was a little too late for him. :(

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian I can replace your puffer just let me know.

Thanks for the offer but he was the last fish in the 40B so I'm just going to break that tank down. It will be one less thing to worry about in two weeks when I start moving to the new house.