• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I just did something

eholceker

NJRC Member
It from the wholesaler they use which I believe was/is Quality Marine. Same stuff you get when you order from Liveaquaria outside of Divers Den.

nope directly to me. and next day shipping for $30 and no box fee. I'm sure it won't ship till Monday though. I'll change it to hold at the delivery office once I get the tracking number

Salted

NJRC Member
Might give this a try. The couple things I looked at though are only sold as extra small.

Last edited:
so it looks like they are breaking up my order. starfish out of stock or on backorder. got a tracking number for the bubble which hasn't shipped yet. called over there and they said the star would ship separately. I asked if these packages are coming overnight and he said yes. my order was $75 with shipping. I don't see how that are making any money from this. will keep you guys updated

update the BTA is here in NJ. hasnt reached lakewood from newark, so i called ups and asked for a hold. i always hold all my fish just because ups and fed ex suck. they said OK but they couldnt process a hold until it had an out for delivery scan. gave me a reference number and asked me to continue to check status. we'll see if it works.

my fault for not requesting a hold in the shipping instructions or when calling last night.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
excuse my dumb question. If one requests a "hold," where does it get held in NJ on a shipping? Never heard of a "hold"

package arrived. usps left it on the deck and didnt ring the bell. packaged well, shipped from cis international, tropical fish international.

package contained 1 small green anemone, who looks in bad shape. and 2 blue linckia stars (i only ordered one)

bags are floating now. didnt get to do the big wayer change i wanted to do on my 125. nitrates were close to 80 after a 50g water change on saturday. i do have about 30-40 gallons made up i can change now while acclimating

ok so I just put everything in the 29 because the water is much better and my skimmer took a crap in the 125. it was a sign that it broke right when I was floating. need a new impeller. have a bank up for now but it's smaller.

the bubble is starting to look good after floating for 30 and acclimating for about 90 minutes. he crawled around the tank for an hour or so and I just helped him into a little hole on top. he started bubbling right after.

the stars floated for like an hour and acclimated 2 hours. one of the stars had a snail hitchhiker that I busted up - maybe should have waited to do that but I didn't want any eggs in my tank.

so the idea is that I will dose bacteria into the 29 for 2 or 3 weeks until the 125 is under control. I know that stars take about a year to starve so I hope to move them in a few weeks when conditions are better and they've stabilized from the trip.

I will buy from Petco online again. their selection is small though. packaging was good. I'm going to post a video soon but there was only 1 heat pad. temps in Cali have been hovering around 80 and pretty warm here today too.

fish came in a box interior lined with a foam box and cover. inside of that was a metallic insulated bag. inside of there was lots of newspaper with a heater pad wrapped in newspaper and taped to a paper plate. heater pad was still warm when I removed it. each item was bagged individually, doubled bagged with thick plastic bags and closed with crimped metal clamps.

I felt there was not enough water in the bags but it seems like everything is ok. I will not be upset if I lose a starfish but as of now everything looks good. I suspect they sent the free starfish as one of them had the snail attached. so kudos to them recognizing a problem and proactively solving it.

Attachments

• 20210406_192643.jpg
    20210406_192643.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210406_171317.jpg
    20210406_171317.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 9

eholceker

NJRC Member
ok so I just put everything in the 29 because the water is much better and my skimmer took a crap in the 125. it was a sign that it broke right when I was floating. need a new impeller. have a bank up for now but it's smaller.

the bubble is starting to look good after floating for 30 and acclimating for about 90 minutes. he crawled around the tank for an hour or so and I just helped him into a little hole on top. he started bubbling right after.

the stars floated for like an hour and acclimated 2 hours. one of the stars had a snail hitchhiker that I busted up - maybe should have waited to do that but I didn't want any eggs in my tank.

so the idea is that I will dose bacteria into the 29 for 2 or 3 weeks until the 125 is under control. I know that stars take about a year to starve so I hope to move them in a few weeks when conditions are better and they've stabilized from the trip.

I will buy from Petco online again. their selection is small though. packaging was good. I'm going to post a video soon but there was only 1 heat pad. temps in Cali have been hovering around 80 and pretty warm here today too.

fish came in a box interior lined with a foam box and cover. inside of that was a metallic insulated bag. inside of there was lots of newspaper with a heater pad wrapped in newspaper and taped to a paper plate. heater pad was still warm when I removed it. each item was bagged individually, doubled bagged with thick plastic bags and closed with crimped metal clamps.

I felt there was not enough water in the bags but it seems like everything is ok. I will not be upset if I lose a starfish but as of now everything looks good. I suspect they sent the free starfish as one of them had the snail attached. so kudos to them recognizing a problem and proactively solving it.

Those stars have no chance in such a small tank. The fluctuations due to the small water volume are gonna do them in quickly.

Those stars have no chance in such a small tank. The fluctuations due to the small water volume are gonna do them in quickly.
hopefully not, that would be sad. this tank seems very stable to me, nitrates and phos are very low. i'll check ph swings this evening, but i keep my refugium lights on 24/7 so maybe the swing will not be that bad