• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

IM SO F*&**in pissed! i think i have velvet!!!

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Velvet moves quickly from what I hear, like by Wed all will be dead.

Would only recommend trying to medication treatment If you have like 4 figures spent on fish.

Medicating is a huge hassle and once the problem is so far along casualties are likely anyway, all you do is spend more money to elevate your own personal stress level.

I have a 57w aqua uv spare with new bulb I can lend you if you are near by and want to install today.

Whatever is killing the fish, need to zap the free floating l...
thanks. I have my 57w coming in Wednesday as well. right now my tang is eating and acting kind of normal (fingers crossed). let's see how this plays out. I don't have as much time to devote to doing everything right now, due to newborn, so it's a little tougher than usual.

Man, I don't have any advice that hasn't already been given. Just droppin a note of support and hoping for the best.
I would try ma
Same here...
that Wiped out my first 2 system When I didn’t know much.. I would try when baby it’s at sleep.. I know it’s hard I have 3 kids but velvet don’t play...
good luck brother

Reactions: DEL
i wouldnt even bother. dollar sale is happening right now. so like 29 bucks or 45 bucks and you can have a tank, copper is like 20 bucks and a filter is 20 bucks. i just happen to have all of this at my house so its not even a question of money or running out to the store. i can actually jump in the car right now and run up there. lets get thse guys to safety

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
^^ This can help if you are trying to deal with velvet in the DT.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Wondering how you're doing. Hopefully no news is good news and your crew is recovering.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
hey guys. been out of loop lately. I appreciate all the advice and support. I have no time for anything with my newborn! now that I'm back to work, even less time. but I love every second I spend with him. as far as tank goes. amado lent me a 20g tank and uv, which I still haven't setup. however, clowns, gem tang, chromis, cleaner wrasse are all still alive and chilling. maybe I'll find some time this weekend and work on the tank. right now I'm scared to stress the fish out more by QTing them. let's see how it goes. here's a pic to brighten your day

Attachments

• 20210114_110148.jpg
    20210114_110148.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210108_101146.jpg
    20210108_101146.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5