• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

in sump protein skimmer advise

Hi all
I am in the market for a new protein skimmer for my current 75 gallon mixed reef tank (soon to be a 60 gallon cube). Right now I am running a Aqua C Remora HOB skimmer that I am pretty happy with, but now I am going to move to an insump skimmer. I welcome all recomendations.

Thanks.
Larry

You can still use the AquaC, just hang it on the sump. Although, depending on the height of the water, you may need to add some 1/2" tubing to get the pump down lower into the water. I also added an egg crate "ramp" under the discharge lip to minimize splashing.

I just did a lot of research for a skimmer for my 58 and went with the Super Reef Octopus 1000 Int. People like that SWC but some have had problems with the pump apparently. The Bubble Blaster pump on the SRO is probably the best pump on the market right now. Love this skimmer, only wish I had upgraded sooner.

http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/CV-SRO-1000INT.html

I also like the pumps that are outside of the skimmer body, it can be a pain to service that thing if you need to and you have a tight sump.

I'm a big fan of the c-skim 1800. I've had one for 2 years on my 75 then 180 and now my 40 breeder. I'll never use any other!

Twisteds 40 breeder