• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Japanese Deep Water Anemone

I was at Absolutely Fish up in Clifton today and bought the coolest anemone I have ever seen. Its called a Japanese deepwater anemone and the color of it is ridiculous. I asked one of the guys in the store about it and he didn't seem like he knew to much. I brought it home and acclimated it for awhile and put it in my tank. So far it seems to be doing ok but only time will tell. I can't seem to find any information on this thing online and was wondering if anyone know anything about them in terms of their likes and dislikes..etc. Here is a picture of it. Let me know if you have any information on it. Thanks

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 88

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That does look awesome. From the link Xavier posted, the major problem I see is that it likes colder water than most people keep their tanks. I don't know what you keep yours at. My other concern and strictly opinion, not scientific, is that looking at the pic in reefbuilders it looks to me that it could become a Pest in our tanks.

Keep us posted, I am curious

Wow that was fast. Thanks Xavier that definitely looks like it. The guy in the store has had it in his tank for about 2 months in 77 degrees which is where I keep my tank. I will see how it works out.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I tend to agree with ReeferNets here. While it is a cool looking specimen, that LFS shouldn't have sold it to you without making sure you had the proper setup to support this creature. Them selling something without even knowing enough about it is also not a good way to do business IMO. Furthermore, I personally wouldn't have purchased and brought something like this home without knowing how to care for it first either.

It is beautiful and now that you have it I wish you all the luck in the world. It's good that you asked about it here right away. At least now you have enough info to give it a fighting chance.

It came from AF they will sell anything to anyone regardless of its survival rate, definetly a store where you need to be educated before walking in .

I was there also today and saw that! Was awesome in person. But I learned my lesson about buying anything that I don't know about myself. Workers don't know much!!!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk