• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jgraz's 90g

Any updates John? Just went through your build very nice sir.
Wow yeah guess it's been a while.
It's going well, having some algae problem s on the sand, but I'm its not to bad, trying to find a quality sand sifter these days sucks. Had a diamond watchman that just stopped eating and well died.
And the wrasses pick off and new snails they can find. But corals are growing great. About to switch from Biopellets back to a fuge, and possibly scrubber if I can find one that fits my needs.
I just added a few more fish I think I'm up to 19 now.
3 bangaii Cardinals
2 snowflake clowns
Six Line Wrasse
Mystery Wrasse
Melanarus Wrasse
Mandarin
3 Bar Gobies
Yellow Watchman
Hippo Tang
Yellow Tang
Sailfin Tang
3 Lyre Tail Anthias(bought as but I feel they might have been mis-classified)

Also added a 24g cube to the system to use as a frag tank. It's noisy so I might pull it down. But right now there's to much in there.

All in all its going well. Should have gone with the 120g like so many people told me, but that will come with the new year.
20200405_194026.jpg20200405_193913.jpg20200405_193838.jpg20200405_193831.jpg20200405_193820.jpg20200405_193814.jpg20200405_193811.jpg20200405_193804.jpg20200405_193745.jpg20200405_193727.jpg

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@jgraz Are you happy with the reefbrite xho? Would you do it again? Is there a noticeable difference in "pop" with them vs when it's just the T5s on?

@jgraz Are you happy with the reefbrite xho? Would you do it again? Is there a noticeable difference in "pop" with them vs when it's just the T5s on?
There is definitely more "Pop" with certain corals, mainly Green and Orange ones but not so much that I would add them mainly for that. I added mainly to add more light. I wanted to go with an 8 buld T5, but in my search at the time for a used one yeilded no good results. So I added two of the XHO's which I got great deals on. I do like them, and they do add seeable light over the six T-5's. That all said I'm a T5 guy and in my opinion T5 is the only lights that can hit every spectrum with uniform coverage without needing suppliments. MH perform best with T5 and so do LED's. Which is why you see many of the high-end fixtures using both or being combined with the Aquatic life hybrid. I'm sure I'll get some hate on both of those opinions though. I have only come across 1 system that I can say "WOW" that was strictly LED, and that was @Zippy69 (Hi Pete). And he even eventually added T-5 suppliment.

Oh yeah, and @Sunny too. His tank was absolutely amazing with those AI Sol. I think he played with T-5 eventually as well

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
There is definitely more "Pop" with certain corals, mainly Green and Orange ones but not so much that I would add them mainly for that. I added mainly to add more light. I wanted to go with an 8 buld T5, but in my search at the time for a used one yeilded no good results. So I added two of the XHO's which I got great deals on. I do like them, and they do add seeable light over the six T-5's. That all said I'm a T5 guy and in my opinion T5 is the only lights that can hit every spectrum with uniform coverage without needing suppliments. MH perform best with T5 and so do LED's. Which is why you see many of the high-end fixtures using both or being combined with the Aquatic life hybrid. I'm sure I'll get some hate on both of those opinions though. I have only come across 1 system that I can say "WOW" that was strictly LED, and that was @Zippy69 (Hi Pete). And he even eventually added T-5 suppliment.

Oh yeah, and @Sunny too. His tank was absolutely amazing with those AI Sol. I think he played with T-5 eventually as well
I agree Pete’s was off the charts