• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jose's 45 Starfire Tank

At the price that I bought the blueline (new from a member) I thought I was getting a deal but after plugging it in I don't think it was such a great deal.
Great pump thought if you have it in another room or basement.

I managed to get the drains to quiet down. I used two 90' elbows and then added a 3" piece of PVC pipe at the end with a bunch of slits cut out. Now to quiet this darn pump and I will be a happy camper.

Finally finished.
P1010060.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010066.jpg

Phyl said:
Love that Marco rock. Looks good, Jose.
The marco rock is very easy to work with. I will be using them for all my future tanks.

I will be buying a few hundred lbs at this years swap to put away in storage for my future fowlr.

JohnS_323 said:
Sweet! Looks good, Jose. Can't wait to see it filled with life.

I used tank water from an established tank and the rocks were cured for a few months soo I thouth I could this a few days later........
P1010056.jpg

I'm glad I did it the corals are puffing up triple the size then when they were in the ten gallon.
The only thing you guys will not see in there are the rest of the fish. I have to give the bacteria time to colonies and be able to handle fish. I checked the parameters yesterday and the ammonia, nitrite are at zero and the nitrate at 0.5.

NapoliNewJersey said:
Looks great. You're making me think I need to get a 45g starphire tank myself.

Starphire is definately worth it but I afraid of adding sand because of how easy starphire scratches. So that mean I can't get the flame wrasse I wanted.

As long as you don't get the sand trapped between the magnet and the glass you shouldn't scratch it. You just have to be carefull while cleaning. You can always just use a piece of soft fabric sponge to clean the glass.

Not at all... just get a Carib Sea brand or something similar already live sand and when you put it in the tank there is a method I use ....

Cut open the bag and roll it closed, fold the corners in because they will leak, submerge the bag to the bottom and unroll the bag and the sand will slide right out. Your tank will still cloud up but nothing too bad. If you can create a holding tank for your corals it would be even better. For an hour or two.

Also get a thicker/heavier sand ... I found out that the fine sand never really settles and is constantly being kicked up by fish and water flow.

malulu

NJRC Member
Jose,

first time saw this post, great progress with nice works!!

just a note, your picture about the External Overflow, you may want to stick a piece of tube for your valve, in case the salt build up and making it difficult to clean or clog up.
PictureorVideo107.jpg

Great Job Jose!!!!!

Carpentry on the cabinet and canopy is outstanding. Along with the aquascaping inside rhe tank, the whole display looks
terrific. Also admire the nice, straightfoward plumbing job.

Thanks for sharing and Good Luck.

Dom