• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Juano's 75 Gallons "The Re-Build"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Been a long time since I posted pics.
c89002d4a52d70edc93ed1bc8bf4f8e3.jpg
3790fb930afd961b7ab026fed0d5e90a.jpg
45310a113153505961c0e3df00009ee9.jpg
e3ae79656158e2e4b984ddfa4f3259ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great bud

As other said your tank looking good man. Hows the yellow tang? I see some danamge but I can't remember if you go him like that or if that happen in your tank

Thanks James, the Yellow tang in my tank I got it recently, maybe like a month ago and actually it was worse when I got it, his top fin is damaged but is getting better....him and the purple tang play tough from time to time but no mayor issues yet.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Thanks James, the Yellow tang in my tank I got it recently, maybe like a month ago and actually it was worse when I got it, his top fin is damaged but is getting better....him and the purple tang play tough from time to time but no mayor issues yet.

good deal.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Yes, that’s why I have about a 1/2 inch layer of sand. I end op with bare bottom in some places, but it’s constantly shifting.

I’ve seen a few interesting bare bottom tank options on r2r recently. One guy used travertine tiles. They’re Reef safe, I use them for frags and colonies in my tank all the time. Another one was black starboard. It was really neat looking.

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
What if you poured a layer of epoxy. Then sifted sand on top. When dry. Vacuum out the loose sand and you would have the look of sand without the sand problems

King Kong on RC did that. He didn't pour it inside on the tank bottom but onto two cutting boards then placed it inside the tank. The only problem is just like everything in the tank, it will collect coraline

I’ll be using a piece of Polycarbonate and still not sure but I may paint the tank bottom glass black.

May start a new Tale of a Tank due to the many equipment upgrades but tank has been cycling for a month already.
d05b113657358e9e26cb1f6a0f79ba08.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.