• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

June 26th Meeting at Monroereef's

Hello fellow reefers

I would first off, like to take this opportunity to thank all the devoted board members who keep this wonderful wealth of reef knowledge and support alive and kicking.

We have had fish tanks for about 5 years now. I started with a 10 gallon tank for my kids with an African Cichlid in Jan 2005 and since then we have come a long way. Almost immediately after starting the 10 gallon tank, I got the MTS (multi tank syndrome). In next 2 years I had about 500 gallon worth of freshwater tanks in my house . I would always go to Trop and admire their saltwater tanks and always wanted to take the plunge. Well, eventually in June last year I decided to start my first reef tank. It is ironic that on June 26th, the tank will be exactly 1 year old.

I love the hobby and am a devoted reefer. My reef tank is all I have left now as I was unable to maintain so many tanks. My tank is a 150 G with about 15 - 16 fishes and some corals. As some of you know already that I have been fighting red slime over the last month or so. But hey this is a package deal that comes with the reefing hobby

The Party/Meeting :-

It is with great pleasure that we invite all of you for our June 2010 meting at our house on Saturday, June 26th. Summer is finally here and we will be having a BBQ theme. We have a pool and hopefully it will be open and ready for use by then. Kids are welcome and you should bring their change if you would like them to go in the pool.

Venue : 28 Equestrian Way, Monroe - NJ - 08831

For those of you who are using GPS and are unable to find Equestrian Way, please use 555 Grace Hill road, Monroe - NJ. Grace Hill Road is the cross street to equestrian way. Google and mapquest, both have decent directions to our house.

We will provide

Burgers, dogs , sausages, soda, water and beer. Pool will be open for everyone's use.

What to bring

A side dish, beer or something, change for the pool, any floating devices that your kids may need.

Hope to see all of you there !!

Sunny

Please RSVP
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_attend_events&Itemid=37&task=view&id=49

Looks like a low turn-out so far so I guess I'll have to donate this little Garf Purple Bonsai frag for the raffles.

P1110898.jpg

If I can't make it I'll drop in off at mnat's

greg - what kind of lighting do you have and how close is that to the light? I have a "purple bonsai" but it doesn't go up like that - it's been encrusting side-ways...(of course that was under LEDs...maybe with T5s that will change).

Hawkeye said:
greg - what kind of lighting do you have and how close is that to the light? I have a "purple bonsai" but it doesn't go up like that - it's been encrusting side-ways...(of course that was under LEDs...maybe with T5s that will change).

The frags are approx 2" from the surface and the light is about 4" above the surface. I'm using a 12k 175w Reeflux.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I will donate a zoa frag (about 15 polyps) for the raffles.

Sunny

GregW said:
Looks like a low turn-out so far so I guess I'll have to donate this little Garf Purple Bonsai frag for the raffles.

P1110898.jpg

If I can't make it I'll drop in off at mnat's

GregW,
I am drooling right now. can I buy a frag from you?

Olivier

as to lure other members to go to this meeting instead of Herbiek Birthday party, I will donate a 175W blueline ballast dual output and a PintPoint PH meter (no probe).

Olivier said:
as to lure other members to go to this meeting instead of Herbiek Birthday party, I will donate a 175W blueline ballast dual output and a PintPoint PH meter (no probe).

can't we do both? lol!

I'm hoping to come to this meeting :) it will be my first as long as I can get off work!

If anyone up north near me needs a ride more than welcome to tag along.

Hawkeye said:
Olivier said:

can't we do both? lol!

Who wants to go to some old guys party anyway. He probably has nothing but Lawrence Welk albums.

GregW said:
Hawkeye said:
Olivier said:

can't we do both? lol!

Who wants to go to some old guys party anyway. He probably has nothing but Lawrence Welk albums.

yeah actually you're right - the tank is covered in aiptasia and hair algae bryopsis. Don't go. Just let me go myself so I can get the pick of the litter. LOLOLOL.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I will be donating the following for raffles.

These are brand new.

One - Current USA 36 Inch 39W T5HO 420nm Actinic SlimPaq Bulb.
One - Current USA 36 Inch 39W T5HO 460nm Actinic SlimPaq Bulb.
One - AquaticLife 420/460NM Dual Actinic 36 Inch 39W T5HO Bulb.

One Zoa frag (10 - 15 polyps)
One SPS frag. I will decide which one :)

Sunny