• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kessil and apex

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
That is incorrect. It is pretty much set it and forget it.
What’s incorrect?? I have both and I have used both.
If the apex is down your lights is down.if you use the kessil controller it will run your lights independent.

When I 1st setup my apex that’s how I did it.
I setup my lights and I wanted to save the $100 on the kessil controller so I got a $20 cable and I connected it to my apex .that was great I had all 4 of my kessil light controlled by apex. My apex went down and I had to send it back to Neptune. I couldn’t run my lights so I had to go out and buy a kessil controller. I know have the lights run by the kessil controller. If that fails I can use the apex as a backup.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
If the apex is down your lights is down.if you use the kessil controller it will run your lights independent.

I setup my lights and I wanted to save the $100 on the kessil controller so I got a $20 cable and I connected it to my apex .that was great I had all 4 of my kessil light controlled by apex. My apex went down and I had to send it back to Neptune. I couldn’t run my lights so I had to go out and buy a kessil controller. I know have the lights run by the kessil controller. If that fails I can use the apex as a backup.

Amado

Two different things here. You are talking about the 0-10v controls. He's talking about the iota interoperability that is now available with the X versions of Kessils hardware.

Dave

eli smoke

NJRC Member

Sorry. I was thinking disconnected from fusion. I can see what happens if I unplug my apex. Guess it depends if the program is stored on the apex or in the light. I will try it tonight when I get home if I have time.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Sorry. I was thinking disconnected from fusion. I can see what happens if I unplug my apex. Guess it depends if the program is stored on the apex or in the light. I will try it tonight when I get home if I have time.

It will default to on or off depending on what you have selected for the outlet. There will be no ramp up or ramp down. The lights would be set to whatever spectrum/intensity you have on the lights locally.

radiata

NJRC Member
This is a quote from a saltwateraquarium.com email that went out today:

"Join Us at Aquashella Chicago as we check out the brand new way to control your Kessil lights! We'll share the easy way how you can now connect your lights to the Apex Fusion."

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is a quote from a saltwateraquarium.com email that went out today:

"Join Us at Aquashella Chicago as we check out the brand new way to control your Kessil lights! We'll share the easy way how you can now connect your lights to the Apex Fusion."

It’s by wi-fi. For the new lights it’s a little better.
But the kessil app or the spectral controller is a Better way to configure and make changes to you lights.

Last edited:

radiata

NJRC Member
SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Page 3 of the manual says: "An Apex or ApexEL is required; this capability is not available in Apex Classic models, which include the Apex Classic, Apex Gold, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr." Wish I'd known that before I sat through the hour long YouYube video...

Anyone want an Apex Lite?

eli smoke

NJRC Member
SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Page 3 of the manual says: "An Apex or ApexEL is required; this capability is not available in Apex Classic models, which include the Apex Classic, Apex Gold, Apex Lite, and Apex Jr." Wish I'd known that before I sat through the hour long YouYube video...

Anyone want an Apex Lite?
I had a classic when I signed up for the nsi. When I got selected, I bought the 2016.