• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED for BioCube

Just received my new hood for my Bio Cube- 18 3W Cree LEDs- 9 RB and 9 CW- with dimmable Meanwell drivers and R2 Moonlights- so excited Christmas in Febuary- Hooking up tonight with pics

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lights and tank look good!! how many LED watts per gallon did you get? and what fixture Brand is it?

R

reseter5

sounds like a neat project.. i have an 8 gallon oceanic with 2 18 watt pcs.. id like to see what the leds look like..

I will learn how to take pictures but anyone can stop by to see it- It really is great- the best I can tell you is the lights are crisp compared to PC and MH everything looks clean and sharp- and the zoos look alien like under the RB only-instead of the washed our actinic- nice set up, the guys at NanoCustom did and great job- I opted to buy the new hood from them and it was basically plug and play- although it was an extra $80 for the hood - I was luck to sell mine and it was a wash!

I asked around - there is a member on Nano reef that recommended the 18 3W- Evil66- he is a LED GAWD - I added the Cree because I liked the read up on the Cree and when I asked the owner Chris from Nano Tuners he said if it was his light he would use the Cree- it is a $44 difference from the CREE to the Edison - but if you are DIY the Edison are much easier because they come in a strip instead of the individual dies of the Cree- I got the variable drivers to give me some flexibility and the variable AC adapter cost like $26 - Nano Tuners sell the variable AC adapter that goes from 3-10 volts- I purchased the Hosa Variable adapters which have 3, 4.5, 6. 7. 9 volt capacity. I have only had the light on 4.5 breaking in the fixture, although I did use the 9 volt on the RB last night pushing 20K really nice- you can get the BC14 KIT for $299

I would recommend the light to anyone- they are more affordable for the nano's and make the tanks special in my opinion

R

reseter5

would love to see some pics when you can... sounds like it looks real good