• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LED schedule

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm curious as to how you guys using LEDs run your schedules. Do you still run them as long as T5s per day? Also, with all of these new mixed color LED fixtures, do you use one color longer than the other?

I have all of the colors on my radions at 100% but the intensity is set to 60%. They come on at 11am and slowly ramp up and then back down until 11pm.

I have 2 of them over my 90

kevin

NJRC Member
This is my old schedule: used to run 8am-1030pm

radiongraph80-70.jpg

Now I have 2 radions.. and I just cut down the time today from 1130am to 930pm. Been getting tons of cyano. It only hits about 60% max

Colors on, moon off: 11:30AM
Whites on: 1PM
Whites off: 8:30PM
Colors off & moons on: 930PM

I had the same schedule on my nano & until I put my original PC hood on the nano I had zero algae issues & great growth. hoping for the same on my 90.

kevin

NJRC Member
Colors on, moon off: 11:30AM
Whites on: 1PM
Whites off: 8:30PM
Colors off & moons on: 930PM

I had the same schedule on my nano & until I put my original PC hood on the nano I had zero algae issues & great growth. hoping for the same on my 90.

Why are you copying my 11:30am-9:30pm schedule!! lol

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Since I upgraded to LEDs, I run a more "tropical" lighting schedule:

- Blues on at 7:30 AM, off at 10 PM - Intensity starts at 10% and ramps up to 100% at "midday" (which is 4:15 PM), then ramps down to 10% before going off at 10 PM.

- Whites on at 10 AM, off at 7:30 PM - Intensity starts at 10% and ramps up to 80% at "midday" (still 4:15 PM), then ramps down to 10% before going off at 7:30 PM.

- Moonlights come on at 10 PM (when regular blues go off) and go off at midnight. (They are a bit too bright to run all night)

- Sump/Fuge Light comes on at 10 PM and turns off at 7:30 AM (opposite my blues).

My sunrise/sunset ramping is based on a parabola function (not exactly a linear increase/decrease to/from the midday). I could also have set it up to a slope function where I could have it ramp up to max % for a specified time period and then ramp back down. For example, it could be 0% to 100% from 7:30 AM until 10 AM, then stay at 100% until 2:00 PM, then ramp back down to 0% from 2 - 10 PM. That would give a longer period of "full light" but the parabola is a more natural sunrise/sunset effect so I use that one instead.