• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Let the Fantasy Begin

The Tank

attachment.php

175G 48Lx36wx24H Starfire front and side made by Aquarium Obsessed in Canada.

Will be building my own stand. Depending on my expenses, really wish the PA gb was this month, it will be lit by either my existing modified Aqua Spacelight 3 250W HQI or preferably dual 400W Ice Cap set up
icepkdeal.jpg

I'm still up in the air about which skimmer to buy, I really love my MRC but it's a bit loud under my cabinet. I've used 2 different pumps and am still unhappy with the noise, Genx and Blueline 40HD.

Return Pump will be PanWorld 50PXX

Calcium Reactor KORALLIN KALKREAKTOR C-3001

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What a beauty, Francis. Good luck to you! So much for the room divider, eh? Where are you putting this? How are you planning to orient it? Where's the drawing?!

This was the compromise, it will be placed where my existing tank is, it will extend 18inches further out than my current tank. No live stock just buying the tank. Drawing ???

Is that the one that was dinged? I assume you feel safe with it. What kind of stand ar you going to build?

Nice size tank!

Iwish I had more than 24" of depth to play with.

Good Luck! with the build, the stand fram looks good ... cube like but ... not a cube .... excellent!

Stand looks great Francis.

Are you going to use all new rock for your new tank or are you gonna go with the rock you have and add more?

Here's the stand in the current condition, I'm still in the process of sanding, and my father inlaw is willing to make the cuts for the crown molding, hopefully staining will begin tomorrow.

233_13_02_08_2_46_09_1.jpg

233_13_02_08_2_46_09_0.jpg

I had Josh stand on it and it didn't fall over so I should be ok :-\ You have me second guessing do you see something I'm not?

GregW said:
The stand looks awesome Francis but can it really hold all that weight?

Hey Francis,
I'm not trying to scare you and I don't wont to imply that I know ANYTHING about this stuff but it just seems that you're putting a lot of weight (maybe 1800 lbs?) on those 2x4s. I'm sure some of the other guys would know better than I would though.