• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lets see some( 2014 )swap pics

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have a bunch on my phone I will try and get up on the site in the next few days, and I know Hawkeye snapped a few as well. I have a christening today so no rest for the weary.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Great score. What vender had these? I had to work so missed the swap.

Those belong to Darren(dnov99), in person they were stunning to say the least. If you have some extra cash on hand he might sell it to you.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here are a few of the things I picked up at the Swap.

Zoa frag - purchased from Colorful Corals (sorry, photo is a bit too dark)
_MG_0163.jpg

Hawkins Echinata - purchased from Dr. Jim
IMG_0149.jpg

Tri-color Validia - purchased from Dr. Jim
IMG_0150.jpg

Wellsophyllia - purchased from Cherry Corals (It's not adjusted to my tank yet but you can see the color pattern pretty good. I'll try to feed it tonight.)
_MG_0185.jpg

Cool Mushroom I snagged for $10 - it was either Cherry Corals or Pop Corals (I forget which)
_MG_0174.jpg

The 2 on the bottom left were purchases, the 2 on the right were 2 of a 3-piece raffle frag pack I won, donated by Reefermo (looks like a war coral up top and a green favia on the bottom right)
_MG_0215.jpg

Mushroom up close, the spots are really light blue to the naked eye but look pinkish in the photo - purchased from Reefermo
_MG_0167.jpg

Green/purple Acan - purchased from either Cherry or Pop (I bought this with the other mushroom above at end of Swap, just as they were packing up and I forgot to write down where I got them.)
_MG_0175.jpg

I believe this is a cyphastrea - This was the 3rd piece of the raffle frag pack I won from Reefermo
IMG_0156.jpg

I also bought a mated pair of Ruby Red Dragonets from Pieces of the Ocean. These are cute lil buggers but they disappeared into the rocks after acclimating them so I couldn't get a pic. Here's a post on another website that describes the species (with pics) if you wanna see what they look like. The male has a high dorsal fin, and the female doesn't. Mine have the yellow pelvic fins, so it's the species at the top of the page.

Oh, I also won a Blue Line Temp Controller with a 250w Titanium Heater - donated by Champion Lighting. That raffle prize alone pretty much got me back my raffle ticket purchase! The Frag pack from Reefermo was a bonus. :encouragement:

All in all, I was pretty happy with what I got, but wish I had more time to shop. Working on the Swaps gives you a chance to see stuff early, but if you don't buy it right away, it disappears when you're working.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
These were taken with a cell phone and gel filter so these are obviously not DSLR quality but here goes. So for next time, these are just some of the amazing corals you can find at one of our Frag Swaps:

Vendors are named if I remembered, if they are wrong my apologies

AZNutty:
photo314_zpseb01dfe3.jpg

photo55_zps8682aa84.jpg

photo219_zpsd072cb01.jpg

photo49_zps4476f293.jpg

M&M
photo118_zpse38a525c.jpg

Aquatic Obsessions corals:
photo56_zps47791179.jpg

photo410_zps1bb9d8af.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Our one and only dnov99:
photo315_zps4dab2d0a.jpg

photo119_zps90344b83.jpg

photo220_zps6b6cc202.jpg

Our one and only smcooler:
photo316_zpsc6428333.jpg

Living Reef Orlando:
photo221_zps9dc394ea.jpg

photo120_zpscdac8a05.jpg

Technically these are swap related. I went to AqOb right after the swap ended.
7F24592E-B697-421C-AB96-ACA6C46AA58B_zpsubpnphpg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
598A3F3D-1DDC-4326-BC25-0AB724467A57_zpsgdvk3z43.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

(bad cell pics)

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow, great pics Mike. I didn't even see half of that stuff.

Well, my male Ruby Red Dragonet decided to come out of hiding a bit today so I got a few shots of him! :)

_MG_0226.jpg _MG_0227.jpg _MG_0231.jpg

He seemed to be scared of either me or the camera because he ducked into the rocks (last pic) when I was trying to get some close-ups.

The female looks like she is doing fine, but is still a bit more timid and hasn't emerged from the rocks yet. I can see here in a small cave area, but there's no way to get a pic due to her location. I poked around in there to see if she was still alive and she moved, so I'll let her be until she feel safe enough to explore. At least I know they both survived the bagging/shipping from store to the swap, to my tank. :encouragement:

Hey second pic up from bottom was Ac Corals and its funny that I answer this question because im trying to get a hold of him and also I hope no one take offense to this but the Asian guy that was right next too Mid-west

I went crazy at the Zoanthids.com booth...

Thank you Brandon!!

Anyways, here are some of my scores.

Micromussa I forget the rest.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995494.899663.jpg

Sun God Blastomussa
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995763.888878.jpg

Flame boy Favites
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995789.741954.jpg

Micro Goni
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995818.660391.jpg

Krakospheres
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995938.870355.jpg

Just some phone pics. I will get better ones one of this days

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995992.558344.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411995992.558344.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 35
These two came back with me...LOL.

it's taking me a while this year as I used the RAW format - so then I had to download IRFAN to read the files and now am up to my neck resizing photos. Also i used a different lense this year - a 50mm f1.2. Apologies for the delay getting photos up. Still learning and I'm afraid I may have missed a few booths.