• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Light Ideas

Hey guys and gals. Tank is approaching 9 months old and is going through its paces. I'm ready to get some real lights for the tank. Any suggestions on what to get? I'd like the options to keep SPS in the future if I decide to go down that path. It's a 75 gallon tank.

I also have a 10 gallon with the one clownfish I brought back from the brink of death. I want to put a light there that would support some coral and a bubble tip or two.

ok let me know. t5 are the gold standard according to brs. a lot of people will throw up t5 and a couple of kessils for pop.

i think as far as LED concerned, radion are tops, kessil are sworn to be just as good. just both lights have a different type of effect. a lot of people are using hydras a very respectable light and a bit cheaper than the other two. ACC runs mostly hydras i think.

budget lights you can think about noopsyche or maybe viaspectra. definitely check out the brs videos on lights.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Size and dimension of tank? There are so many lighting options out there, the real question is what is your budget and what do you want your electricity bill to be.

Size and dimension of tank? There are so many lighting options out there, the real question is what is your budget and what do you want your electricity bill to be.
75 Gallon Corner-Flo Reef Ready Tank (48x18x21)

Budget is about $1k. Easy for two radions for that tank, but I’d like to get something on the 10 gallon as well. May just need to hold off on the 10 gallon for a while.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I think the radios are he way to go. A 10g doesn’t take a whole lot of light so you don’t really need an expensive option there