• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lion's cove 40 gallon breeder

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Hi all
As some of you might know I've been wanting to setup a new tank with a fu man chu lionfish for awhile and today I was able to buy a 40b ,stand and glass lid to help move this along.
I have a qt in the basement with establish live rock for this system and bio balls .
This tank will house a fu man chu lionfish as the main fish and will have live rock with Macro alage and mangroves similar to a mangrove lagoon tank so very similar to a lagoon tank.
I have most of the equipment already which I aquire thru trades from other people on this forum and will post up a list and pictures as I go.
Stay tune for the journey!!20201121_151358.jpg

If you need macro, I can trim some. My radiata likes to perch on it sometimes. Usually I see dwarf lions hanging on the substrate, but never owned one so not sure if they also like to perch on higher areas.

I have to order the overflow and get a glass cutter to drill the tank along with some other odds and ends
Marinedepot brand is a very nice overflow and cheaper than others. have ordered 2 of the larger models and both perfect. kit comes with the drill bit and there should be a sale soon if not already happening.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Marinedepot brand is a very nice overflow and cheaper than others. have ordered 2 of the larger models and both perfect. kit comes with the drill bit and there should be a sale soon if not already happening.
I will check it out thanks.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
If you need macro, I can trim some. My radiata likes to perch on it sometimes. Usually I see dwarf lions hanging on the substrate, but never owned one so not sure if they also like to perch on higher areas.
I've kept dwarf lionfish before and they do like to perch on rocks,hang in Caves and under rocks.they are really a cool fish .

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
just looked it up. thats a cool looking lionfish!!!!!

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Yes it is. i have local lfs looking out for one they don't always come in like the dwarf zebras and fuzzy lions.

deepblue68

POTM Winner
Overflow box installed but I messed up and should of lowered box aboutb1/4in I had to trim inside lip of top trim to fit flat to glass.
I put arrow of template flush with top trim and just missed fitting under trim. I should of know better and did a test fit and measured it to be sure.

Attachments

• 20201210_204304.jpg
    20201210_204304.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 8