• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

long turkey baster

I'm looking for a long turkey baster to blow out my rocks. I have searched and searched and can not find anything...Any ideas?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I use to have a long one, and my complaint was that the hole at the end was very small. I don't know if they are all that way, but the one I had was. I probably still have it somewhere here amongst the mess.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have and like this one: http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/K-SSQRT1.html

When compact, it's 21" long, but the inside tube extends out to make it 35" long. It also has a little plastic skewer on the end that you can use to scrape the rocks or stick a piece of food on to target feed a fish or coral.

If it's not extended, it does tend to get some water between the inner and outer tube if you repeatedly squeeze it (like when blowing off rocks) because it creates a suction between them. But it doesn't affect it much other than having to extend it when done to remove the water trapped in there.

The hole is fairly small too. I find that this gives good accuracy with your target stream, but not so good if/when you want to suck out loosened debris. It is very long though and probably the longest one you will find (longer than the one Darren linked.)

I received my Taam Rio coral feeder set today and I'm very happy. I used the longest one to blast my rocks tonight and it work perfectly. No more hands in the tank for "coral feeding".