• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for aptasia north jersey!

Wander if a copperband would survive just eating aptasia in case he doesn’t try the other stuff I’m thinking of using for him!!
Also any one around north jersey has some pieces of rock with aptasia that don’t want anymore? I’ll happily would take it out of your hands!!

Salted

NJRC Member
Unless you’ve seen this fish eat aptasia with your own eyes, or don’t care if you end up with aptasia in your tank don’t bother. There is no guaranty your cbb will eat it. Mine would not not touch it.

I did not have much when first brought him in, probably 20 with 3 middle size ones. After a week I had to look around to find them out until now where I don’t see any. So thanks God this guy loves them

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Don’t add aptasia to your tank. You don’t need it. If the copper band is healthy it will eat other food. Also you think you have no aptasia in your tank but it’s there.
The copper band will find it inside rocks and around drains. It will keep eating those. The copper band will also eat pods and other small critters in your tank.

john90009

NJRC Member
The last thing you want is to add aptasia and the copperband not eat them, or randomly die which they tend to do, and then you have aptasia and can’t find a healthy copperband again.

I have chaeto in the tank and had aptasia when I brought it in now it’s 100% clean!! He eats even from there where I thought he wasn’t going to reach out to it!!