• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Looking for solid aluminum frame

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can make solid aluminum frames in replacement of the hollow screen version from HD. I can see this wouldn't be very difficult if someone has the correct machinery. I would guess there is a small market of people who would be willing to pay a premium for a solid frame.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It doesn't take much in the way of machining tools....aluminum can be cut and shaped with quality wood working tools.....table saws, chop saws, routers, etc. I know this because I'm in the process of helping my kid's boyfriend build a robot spider out of aluminum....six legs, 18 servos, a rasberry, etc.

Wood tools I have, just not sure how comfortable I would be cutting a channel down a 1/2" strip of metal. I would be scared of doing that with wood. I was thinking a nice cnc'd piece of metal.

Thanks. Just trying to find a solid tank cover so same thing as the hollow frame. I figured the corners would have to be welded or soldered together.
I dont have the size I would need to cover the eurobrace yet.