• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Media reactor advice

Hi to all reefers! This is my first post, and I'm new to the hobby and need advice to which media reactor to pick. I'm setting up 300 gallon dt and over all about 500 gallon system. I need media reactor for gfo and carbon and was looking at this reactors geo umc618, mrc fmc-627 and nextreef mr1 monster. Let me know what you guys thinking?

I haven't tried those reactor's, but I've been using the BRS reactors, and really like them. I think in your case the Jumbo would be best. And with the BRS GB just starting, if you participate you'll get their "preferred reefer" status going forward.

They will hold up to 6 cups of media, using 500 gal. as a reference, you will need somewhere between 3 to 4 cups for your system, using the better grades, i.e. HC GFO or ROX 0.8 carbon. Go to their reef calculator at the top of the page, and fill in the blanks, and choose the media of your choice to see how much you will need.

I am using the media reactors from Avast Marine, so is a friend of mine with a 400 gallon system, love them. They come in three sizes and are just a solid product.

That is info what I was missing, naw am lil smarter. I'll do mor research about that. I have rox 0.8 carbon and regular gfo frome brs

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
You can also check out the new reactors from synergy reef.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have two mr1 monsters on my 400g system running off a manifold and I am very happy with them. I run carbon and rowa.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I use the Rox carbon and fill it maybe 3/4 of the way, the rowa maybe half.