• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meet to Party (@Paulie's)

If at all possible. Anyone who is going to Pauli's April 18th and RSVPs here. Please PM me @Sponge so I can track and keep in contact with y’all. Just trying to help out the host to organize. Thank you and don’t be shy. Invite friends. This get together is open to non members and hopefully future members and Reefers.

if you RSVP to this thread YES. PLEASE PM @Sponge so I may keep those coming updated.
Ok reefers just putting out a little update of what I’m thinking. To start with I don’t believe I’m going to be as elaborate as Mike was for the last meet as in I’m not going to do an auction I’m not going to raffle things off and I don’t plan on having any sponsors unless John from ACC would like to come and speak some more on a different subject,, And I do not want this to be called a meat anymore this is not a meet it is nothing official what it is is a party that’s right we’re just gonna call it a party I want to just have people over here to unwind have awesome conversations and just have fun and get to know each other even better I most definitely will have a change all set up for Frags I encourage everybody to bring a little something and instead of actually off and selling it will just be more like a trade hey I have this but I would really like that would you care to switch you know something along those lines also I would encourage people to try and volunteer food items keeping it as simple as possible with the thought of a barbecue theme more or less I will be providing scallops(note to self make more scallops than last time because they go so fast) I will also be doing peel and eat shrimp and I’m leaving it up to other people to volunteer other items of food chips dips munchies veggie dips whatever you all know what I mean and if there’s something special that you’d like just bring it with you and I have everything we would need to prepare it I am also planning on hiring a DJ like I said it’s a party not a meeting well that’s all I can think of this early in the morning I will keep posting as I think of other things

To bad but makes sense. Much better safe than sorry. Good call.
It is a bummer folks but it will happen eventually I look forward to opening my home to all the great people in this website and any future people that would want to join our awesome little community but as you all know better safe than sorry the fact that Mark Cs poor wife has been stricken with this illness is just too close To home thought and prayers go out to him and his family of course nothing is more important than family unity and health. I myself personally I’m not trying to leave my house unless I’m going into the ocean where no viruses are at but most important is having the proper amount of ....... to sustain such a long time inside

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a bummer folks but it will happen eventually I look forward to opening my home to all the great people in this website and any future people that would want to join our awesome little community but as you all know better safe than sorry the fact that Mark Cs poor wife has been stricken with this illness is just too close To home thought and prayers go out to him and his family of course nothing is more important than family unity and health. I myself personally I’m not trying to leave my house unless I’m going into the ocean where no viruses are at but most important is having the proper amount of ....... to sustain such a long time inside

my reef peeps I’m letting you know now that myREEF PARTY will happen as soon as this crazinessis over and the government says ok to go out again. Only take me10 days to put together at most. Hope gives you all something to look forward to. I’d be excited to have you all at my home

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Why don’t we do a virtual party??
I think we can get people online to show off their tanks from the comfort of their homes.
we can use a streaming service and YouTube.

We can use software similar to what she (Reefgrrl) uses for her live stream.
she has multiple people showing off their tanks on a live YouTube stream.

Last edited:

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
She is able to have multiple streams at the same time and chat. you can view different peoples tanks. The streams can also be private we don’t need to share it with the public.
D6B8E568-7AF7-47EF-A38C-9306C286E563.png

She is able to have multiple streams at the same time and chat. you can view different peoples tanks. The streams can also be private we don’t need to share it with the public.
View attachment 28117
That would work great for people that have that type of technology and knowledge but for old folk like me who are basically fearful of the computer it would not work out well I feel so lost in these times of technology and I’ve always hated change

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
That would work great for people that have that type of technology and knowledge but for old folk like me who are basically fearful of the computer it would not work out well I feel so lost in these times of technology and I’ve always hated change
You don’t need anything fancy. Just a phone
Or a computer. If you can get to this forum you have all the skills you need.