• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moving a Bubble tip anemone

Hey Folks , We were wondering what is the best way to move a bubble tip from one tank to another. Its attached to a rock that is too big to move with it. Any suggestions appreciated ..

Thanks Chuck & Anna Maria

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
funny I was just reading about this the other day.. One thing that seem good was to shock it with ice cube in a baggie.. A few swipes and it let go

The_Codfather said:
funny I was just reading about this the other day.. One thing that seem good was to shock it with ice cube in a baggie.. A few swipes and it let go

Wow maybe ill try that one , want to get mine out as well but its on a huge rock. When there on smaller rocks you can flip them over , careful not to crush the anem, and then get them off while they move right side up. They're easier to get off when they are in the moving phase and their foot isnt fully planted. Its a pita either way.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The_Codfather said:

Interesting, Thanks for the info. I have to move 2 or 3 myself soon

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The other thing was aiming a PH at it ( not to blast it) so it moves.. easy to pick when it's moving.. also leave the lights off.. same thing to make it move but with picking it when moving you still have a chance harming the foot

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The ice would be the way i would go just for the fact that it seems the foot would release due to the shock but a lot of us know nothing is 100% in this hobby

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have used ice before to remove a nem. It is still time consuming. Can also try balsting cold saltwater at the foot to shock it so it will release.