• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MRC skimmer

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Has any One used the MRC-1 or MRC-2 skimmer. I am looking into one for replacement of that ETSS skimmer that just did not work!!!!!!
Daniel

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
ReefDrumz said:
I have a MRC2 w/dual becketts. I Love that skimmer!
How often do you clean the Beckett. I hear it is at lest once a week or every other?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I know Marcelo won my MRC-2R (I say mine because I was supposed to win it) at the Christmas party. And I believe Phyl has one also. I know John was having a little trouble dialing it in but says's it a mud making monster now. How's ETSS taking the rejection?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
I know Marcelo won my MRC-2R (I say mine because I was supposed to win it) at the Christmas party. And I believe Phyl has one also. I know John was having a little trouble dialing it in but says's it a mud making monster now. How's ETSS taking the rejection?
I will call him in the Morning and tell him I am shipping it back. I just want a skimmer that can keep my water clear!! And WORKS!!!!!!!!!! Now is that so hard to ask for ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Asking for it is easy. Paying for it is another matter all together!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tell me about it. the skimmer is price is not that bad(MRC2). But the pump is over $200.00 and this is the part that kills me 180 watts!!! My pump that I run now is 90 watts. I wounder how much my energy bill will go up.
Daniel

Now, now Rich. I told everyone to save their tickets since it was mine, but you guys didn't want to listen. I even told my wife on the way to the party/meeting that we were going home with it!

As for the skimmer and it's performance, I've only tested it using 5 gallons of tank water from a water change, but once the break in was done, I couldn't believe how much "crap" was being pulled out.

Once I figure out how to quiet down the pump, and find a way to hold more water in case the power goes out, I'll be sticking it on my tank.

Marcelo -

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Going through the floor is the easiest solution, Marcelo! Take the plunge! That thing should be running already...

Our MR2R does a great job. It has been far easier to dial in than the ETSS which drove me insane on a regular basis and never took anything worth talking about out of the tank. Probably operator error (and I greatly appreciate Jeff lending it to the club), but we just couldn't get it figured out!

We had pumps around from ... well, because we seem to collect stuff like that... so we didn't need to actually purchase one!

I'd love to go through the floor, except there isn't any room in the finished basement. I've thought about it plenty of times, there just isn't any place to put the sumps and equipment.

I've been following the RC thread on quieting down the PanWorld pumps, and will be trying some of the suggestions as soon as I have enough courage to mutilate the pump.

As for the price of pumps, the PA GB is an excellent opportunity to pick up the needed pump(s) at a discounted price. I haven't been disappointed with a GB yet!

I (will) run a PanWorld 150PS. Same as the BlueLine, and Coralife for that matter. I was a little put off by the wattage as well, but it is the recommended pump for the MRC2.

Marcelo -

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK I order my MRC 2 and Blueline 55 pump from Gary at Champion Lighting today After I drove him Nuts ;D LOL

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Oh, Yeah!

What does it mean if I watch the video twice in a row?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
RichT said:
Oh, Yeah!

What does it mean if I watch the video twice in a row?
It means you are going to call Gary at Champion lighting and ordering one for your self. Make sure you tell Gary that Dan Murray told you to call and you are from NJRC. ;D

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nah....I think it means I either need to up my meds or quit my meds. Not sure which way to go. LOL

I actually have a ASM G-3 thats got about every mod possible and is doing pretty good finally with not a whole lot of watt draw.