• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MRC skimmer

what Rich? :)

Daniel when u set up the skimmer keep the gate valve avobe the water so u dont get any back pressure, if it cant be done & it has to go in sump then use a 1.5  "T" on the gate valve & put a 1.5 PVC pipe on it so its above the water, i run my water level high cuz i like a wet skimate.
i clean my injectors once a month & the skimmer neck every 3 days so it skims better..
here are some pictures that can give u some ideas
www.steve68.com/other.htm

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As far as cleaning the Beckett's go... I clean out the whole skimmer every 2 weeks and the then the Beckett's once a month. I do squirt some RO water into the beckett intake every once in awhile to help keep the air intake clean...it actually helps a lot.

I can't wait to get one of those risers for it!

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I would like to say Thank you for all the help and Info ;D I know this is going to be a much better skimmer than the dam ETSS dual down draft skimmer I tried this past week. The only thing I don't like is the wattage of the pump 180 watt that hurts. :p

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Marcelog said:
Daniel said:
The only thing I don't like is the wattage of the pump 180 watt that hurts. :p

So run an extension cord to your neighbors house and use their electricity.  ;D

Marcelo -
You think just like ME ;D Do you whant to come over and help LOL

Steve,
I couldn't see the bubbles in the riser because the video was all white. I think the video is over exposed. ;D

Want to mod my ETSS as a DIY how to at a meeting?

i have a HD video if u want me to upload it jeff it's 450 meg :)
talk about microbubbles LOL.

buy the beckett & i'll mod it for u.
u will be like why dint i do this a long time ago.
;D

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
steve68 said:
i have a HD video if u want me to upload it jeff it's 450 meg :)
talk about microbubbles LOL.

buy the beckett & i'll mod it for u.
u will be like why dint i do this a long time ago.
;D
Now you tell me!! I should be getting the MRC 2 skimmer from Champion Lighting on Monday. If the Skimmer dose not fit My sump. I will take you up on the Mod.
Thank You,
Daniel

Jcurry@wesketch said:
Steve,
I couldn't see the bubbles in the riser because the video was all white. I think the video is over exposed. ;D

Want to mod my ETSS as a DIY how to at a meeting?

Daniel i guess i should have put jeff's name on there sorry about the mix up
but im still here if u need help, i think ur first mod is going to be the "U" tube
mod it will kill 100% of the micro bubbles going in ur sump.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Do you have any photos of the mod. Is it only for bubbles in the sump? Or dose it make it work better?

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
OK I got My MRC 2 and My Blueline 55 Pump. Now I have to Make room some how under my Tank. This skimmer is a beast :eek:
Is it better to have the outlet of the skimmer at top of water level in my sump ? Or can it be little in the water?
Thank you,
Daniel

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Steve68 I cant do the Mod on this New MRC 2 . 90* elbow in side the skimmer is 2" and it is only a half inch of clearance from the skimmer bottom and the 2" elbow. All so my out let is 1.5". I guess it must be a newer design.
Daniel

Daniel said:
This skimmer is a beast :eek:
Is it better to have the outlet of the skimmer at top of water level in my sump ? Or can it be little in the water?
Thank you,
Daniel

it's best to have it avobe the water but if u cant just put a 1.5 "T" so there is no
back pressure, the elbow inside the skimmer is 2 inch on my skimmer it is a tight
fit but well worth it, take a look at the picture the tube cuming up is 1.5 u can see
the elbow that points down is 2 inch, set up the skimmer & let it break in then
try the mod later.
DSC06549.jpg