• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new cube

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks great (even if you don't like the location)! Looking forward to you filling it with water. Then I guess you can change your sig!

how did you set up the dj panel like that - is it sitting on plywood or did you just nail it directly into the stand?

I know one guy (i forget his handle) placed 3/8" blocks - nailed that to teh stand, and then nailed the panel to the blocks. But it looks like your set up is different?

phil519 said:
how did you set up the dj panel like that - is it sitting on plywood or did you just nail it directly into the stand?

I know one guy (i forget his handle) placed 3/8" blocks - nailed that to teh stand, and then nailed the panel to the blocks. But it looks like your set up is different?

I cut a slot in a 1x4 and screwed the DJ panel to it. The 1x4 is screwed to the frame of the stand.

autoponicz said:
tank is nice....but that area will be a bit cramped to do maintenence...

looking forward to some setup pics!

It is pretty cramped in there. Then again, if I had a 20'x20' fish room, I'd end up making that cramped too. Gotta deal with what ya got.

sgarron said:
It is pretty cramped in there. Then again, if I had a 20'x20' fish room, I'd end up making that cramped too. Gotta deal with what ya got.
[/quote

That is so true!

That's a nice set up for a small stand alone system. Break out the reef safe greas and shove that BK in there!!!

Ready for water... ;D

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice work Steve. This has really been a fun thread to follow. I'm looking forward to seeing it teeming with life!

It will start coming to life shortly. Still trying to decide between a Gigantea or Magnifica species tank or go SPS.

I'll probably go with the species tank and just a few SPS to avoid the whole Ca reactor thing again.

looking damn good so far. its crazy to see you made a tank...i think thats way to far for me to ever attempt. but you skilled it....

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Can't you just store it in the basement until next week?! C'mon... you know you're gonna!