• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My new cube

I have most of the equipment I'll be using, just need to pick up a couple small tanks for sump and refugium...and build the stand. ;D

I tried really hard to stay within budget...not even close. ::)

DSC_0029.jpg

sgarron said:
...I tried really hard to stay within budget...not even close. ::)
I think we say that because we have to but know in reality it never happens. Congrats on the nice pickups. One good thing about going over budget, most of the time we get what we want.

Welcome Back Steve,the new tank is looking good,will/how will you brace the top..or isnt it needed?Oh,by the way the polyps and clowns I bought from you are doing terrific thanks :)

Glad to hear the clowns are doing well. Thinking about a pair of true percs or maybe Rod's onyx for this tank.

I'm going to euro-brace the top with a 2" wide strip of 3/8" glass. It really doesn't need it but, it sure can't hurt to have it.

Overflow cover and euro-bracing done. I did a 3" brace along the front and sides and a 1 3/4" along the back to access the overflow. Water test tomorrow :-\

tank-eurobraced.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Lets see those seams! The tank looks great. Your setup shots looked well thought out.

Steve nice Vortechs... ;)

Damn that looks nice. Good luck ive been feeding my gigantea everday. Im hoping to get a bud for you by the time you get the tank. Hopefully the feeding will help.

That vortech is swashig around my carpet like a hurricane. All i need is a batter backup. Im still having trouble decidding between Reef crest or Lagoon.

Lagoon is more calm but steady.

Reef Crest is ridiculously fast and changes speeds alot.

Lagooon mode seems good and my sps seem to be kickin up.

Water test didn't go quite as planned. I had a leak into the overflow cover and water was running out the holes in the bottom. I re-sealed the overflo cover and will try again tomorrow. :(

OK, plumbing and overflow problems fixed. I filled it this morning, I'll let it sit for a week to be sure but it looks good so far.

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Finally, some progress. Finished the framework for the stand. 30x30x32. It'll be wrapped in oak or birch plywood.

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Baxreefs said:
Wow! Great build! That BK is gonna be awesome on this volume of system!

looking forward to finally seeing it action.

autoponicz said:
very nice....your silicone job looks very clean

Thanks. It came out pretty clean.

The stand is almost done, as well as the sump and refugium (15g and 20 high). This is a really busy time for me at work, so things are going alot slower than I would like.

Finally some progress. The stand and canopy are done. Bringing tank home Friday and will start filling with water this weekend. Only disapointment is my wife didn't like my location choice for the tank so, I had to move it to a corner. Guess I'll only have 1 1/2 viewable sides instead of 3.

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg