• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

N.J. toll collectors to get customer service training?

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Fire? You can't fire anybody in todays world. It might hurt their feelings! They might go postal, or sue or even poast a bad thing on facebook! LOL

I saw that this morning on the news. I have never had an issue with any of them. Most don't say a word and the ones that do are usually nice.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
EZ PASS is the nicest toll collector out there! They should all take after him!

Brian said:
haha +1 Idk how people who live here all their life don't even have it. How can you wait in those lines lol. We got ez pass right after moving here.

saltwater4life said:
Brian said:
haha +1 Idk how people who live here all their life don't even have it. How can you wait in those lines lol. We got ez pass right after moving here.
some people don't want "big brother" knowing where they are... :eek:

Actually there are times when I am speeding down the turnpike at well past the speed limit and I wonder if they will someday ticket me since there is no possible way I could have driven from Exit 4 to exit 10 in X hour(s) if I was going 65.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hawkeye said:
saltwater4life said:
Brian said:
some people don't want "big brother" knowing where they are... :eek:

Actually there are times when I am speeding down the turnpike at well past the speed limit and I wonder if they will someday ticket me since there is no possible way I could have driven from Exit 4 to exit 10 in X hour(s) if I was going 65.
They said when sleezy pass first come to NJ that the price would be lower due to paying the money upfront.. that changed now you pay for the convenience. also they said " It would never be used for tracking".. That changed for people running from the law.. It's only a matter of time before they time toll to toll.. In fact they might even do it now for research.. only a matter of time before the tickets.. BTW.. Depending what toll you are at.. I go though faster at the exact change booth then the slow pokes in the sleezy pass lane :)

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, I have a buddy that refuses to get it for that reason. He thinks the "the man" is watching. I always figured that if "they" want to find you, they will. lol

I've been waiting for them to start checking your time between tolls. Now, THAT would suck!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've heard that the reason they can't give a toll-to-toll type speeding ticket is because it's a moving violation and the driver, not the car, needs to be ticketed. Because there are points associated with it, they need to be certain that the person is charged. You can always say that someone borrowed your car/EZ Pass and it wasn't you driving. Not to say they can't change that in the future but for now that's the main sticking point.

The other part about "the man" watching me is kind of funny from my perspective. If someone is dead set on tracking my where abouts, reading my emails or tapping my phone conversations, they have a more boring life than I do!

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sid, I'll race you through the tolls! Some of the EZ pass lanes now have radar and I try to see how fast I can go.

If I ever get a ticket from speeding from exit to exit in x amt of time I promised myself I will toss the transponder under the tire and be done with it.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
I've heard that the reason they can't give a toll-to-toll type speeding ticket is because it's a moving violation and the driver, not the car, needs to be ticketed. Because there are points associated with it, they need to be certain that the person is charged. You can always say that someone borrowed your car/EZ Pass and it wasn't you driving. Not to say they can't change that in the future but for now that's the main sticking point.

The other part about "the man" watching me is kind of funny from my perspective. If someone is dead set on tracking my where abouts, reading my emails or tapping my phone conversations, they have a more boring life than I do!
But you can get a ticket if you go through sleezy pass without a transponder.. I know it happened to me.. I got the ticket.. not the car and what with "the man" watching...old on i Ihave to get my tin foil hat before i type anymore ;D

TinFoilHatArea.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah, the ticket for running a toll without a transponder isn't a moving violation and doesn't have any points associated with it which is why they can issue it.

LOL on the foil hat! Better make it heavy duty. Their probing devices have gotten much stronger!

JohnS_323 said:
Interesting. My father once got tickets mailed to him that were moving violations. He did get out of them after a court appearance. But I do think they can ticket the car.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
At the bottom of THIS Snopes article it says that there would have to be changes in current laws to issue speeding tickets via EZ Pass. There may be other moving violations that can be ticketed but I don't think a timed speeding ticket or one that carries points can be issued. I could be wrong though, as I'm not a cop and I've only heard this stuff second hand.

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
Yeah, the ticket for running a toll without a transponder isn't a moving violation and doesn't have any points associated with it which is why they can issue it.

LOL on the foil hat! Better make it heavy duty. Their probing devices have gotten much stronger!
I only make them 1 inch thick
tinfoil.jpg

Ezpass is great. 99.9% of the time its quicker to use than any other lane. And now with the express lane where it scans you from above theres no comparison. Its our lazy american way , we pay for convenience