• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Natureef Denitrifier

fisheye

NJRC Member
I am using methanol for 6 months, but I will be using Nitragone. Because I only bought small amount of methanol so the saving is not much. Now I have a gallon of Nitragone from Darren. :D

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
We put one on my friends heavily stocked 500 gal tank. He could never get his nitrates below 60ppm even after doing 200 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. After 6 mos his nitrates are zero and tank is healthier then ever.

As for using racing fuel, I'm sure it works but I'll stick to paying a few extra bucks for Nitragone. Additionally I feel some loyalty to this company for bringing such an amazing product to market that has made this hobby so much easier and enjoyable for me.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
We put one on my friends heavily stocked 500 gal tank. He could never get his nitrates below 60ppm even after doing 200 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. After 6 mos his nitrates are zero and tank is healthier then ever.

As for using racing fuel, I'm sure it works but I'll stick to paying a few extra bucks for Nitragone. Additionally I feel some loyalty to this company for bringing such an amazing product to market that has made this hobby so much easier and enjoyable for me.

200 gallons?! whoa.

i don't think i've changed that much in a year. lol

glad this system worked for him, saved a bunch of money on salt and water bill.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on this, but I'm wondering how I get started. My tank has lots of nuisance algae, but no measurable nitrates or phosphates. The natureef system gets flushed when nitrates reach zero, but if it is already at zero, then what? Right now, I'm aggressively using GFO to starve the tank of phosphates in the hope that the nitrates won't get entirely gobbled up be the algae. Any other ideas short of ripping the whole tank down and starting over? All of my fish have been with me for years and I don't want to put them at risk.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

The algae is consuming the nitrates and phosphates. Darren can explain how it works. It is a simple system to operate .It take's some time to kick in . Like anything else it doesn't happen overnight.But will be money well spent.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Quick question for those running this system or anyone with a little more knowledge of it than me. I am curious of how the reaction chamber is sized in relation to total water volume of the system. Is there a recommendation for sizing, ie; reaction chamber should be "x"% of the total water volume? Sorry if theses are silly questions I have been looking around online and have only found limited info. Thanks in advance guys.

Also where are you guys getting the products for the system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Kev there are different sizes for different sized systems. I have the biggest one and the total volume is not that much, maybe 20g (I am sure Darren will let you know the exact volume). The guy who sells the system sells the additives so we all kind of order together.

Any plans to order in the near future? I'm getting set up and will use my Apex to control. Going to use a small cube tank as the reservoir.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Paul suggested taking to you, maybe taking a look at your system, I just picked up a 600+ gallon tank and he thinks I could benefit from it.
Tim

Darren i would like to maybe invest in the system. Do you still have a contact with the owner? I emailed him and neevr got a email back.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
Darren i would like to maybe invest in the system. Do you still have a contact with the owner? I emailed him and neevr got a email back.

Yes Bob I do, they are not very responsive to email, but your welcome to swing by and I will go over everything with you. Shoot me a pm

My reactor hit about the 4 week point and suddenly took off. It is positively gross now. Just started phosphagene this weekend. Don't expect much drama from that.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Almost one month in corals look better than they have in years. nitrate and Phosphate are very low. I have done nothing to the tank but clean the glass.