• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NEED HELP WITH ID PLEASE

I have 4 of these in different parts of the tank. They are lime green in color. Look like clusters of some sort of algae with 1 or two tubes coming out of the cluster. Any idea what these are? Thanks

mixed735.jpg

i agree with the above - it's more likely to be a sponge. I've never seen tunicates move about or start up in an aquarium new - though i guess anything is possible - but I thought tunicates tend to hitch in on LR. Sponges will just pop up - even on your powerheads and in the sump.

The_Codfather said:
Did you give it a poke?

I forgot about that. I will check that out when I get home from work later to see waht it does.

Dave, I saw that pic as well and thought the same thing. The only difference between that one and mine are the one or two big tubes sticking out of each cluster.

I used to think I had a tunicate because of what I perceive as syphons.  However, when I looked at the pic two to the left on that same site (pink), my sponges look exactly the same, and as you can see in the pic have what could appear to be syphons.