• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Needreefunds' 46 Bow

JerseyWendy said:
Wow Richie, your tank looks so pretty! You have some beautiful corals in there, too. :)

Are the Maroons talking again?

---
Wendy
Thanks Wendy! I'm trying. Fighting the dreaded cyano right now.... :-\ :( :mad:

I think the Maroons have agreed to give each other some space and that it may be best to start seeing other Maroons!!
The little guy is in a hole most of the time. Big momma rules the tank with an iron fin!! There is the occasional nip here and there, but nothing more than that. The six-line I added is really happy and seemingly joined the group without any problems.

I hope the "puppy" comes through the surgery in great shape. Best of luck with "Face" :)

twan said:
jealous of your t5 and goni/aleviopora
Thanks Twan!
It was sold to me as an Alveapora and it was a sweet mint green under the lighting there. Much different with my lighting. But I still love it. :) I hope I can keep it this way for a long time. It seems happy and to be eating almost anything, even whatever flake fish food it snatches up. There was a sweet clarkii hosting it at Allquatics, but no go so far here. I felt kinda bad separating them there :-\. But I bought it for the beauty of the coral, if a clown or two should have called it home that would have been a nice bonus.

Oh, T5?? My lighting is 2 x 150 Sunpod..... ;D

Rich the tank looks great ,btw do you have a picture of your NC , i just pick a BC14 gal and would like to get some ideas , keep us posted .

Ralph

camz28 said:
Rich the tank looks great ,btw do you have a picture of your NC , i just pick a BC14 gal and would like to get some ideas , keep us posted .

Ralph
Hey Ralph, Thanks for checking out my thread! And thanks for the kind words. I did start a tank thread. Here is a link for you....
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=5465.0

Please check it out! :)

I caught my CBS out in front today and I had the camera handy.....
12-23-2007001.jpg

12-23-2007003.jpg

Some of the "crew"

12-23-2007004.jpg

12-23-2007051.jpg

12-23-2007050.jpg

As you can see I am still fighting algal issues :-\ ......
I am trying to ride it out with siphoning and diligent water changes. Also replaced all filter elements and DI resin on my RODI.

Thanks for looking. HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS!!!

camz28 said:
just give it time rich ,youll win pictures look good .
Thanks Ralph.

This tank is looking better lately. I have been wanting to add a sump to this tank. After some hunting I liked the Tom Aquatics Rapids overflow. Had been watching eBay for several weeks, lost out on a few. I found a Rapids Pro PS3 system, which is basically a canister wet / dry filter with built in skimmer. This system also includes my much sought after overflow. So I throw the $99 opening bid on it and wind up winning. I had planned to sell off the filter and come out ahead, but after receiving it I figured I'd try to use it somehow. The thinking was if the skimmer is even decent I will have saved quite a few bucks and space under the stand. Bucks and space, two things most reefers could use more of. ;) So this is what I came up with. I added a 10 gal fuge to this canister like so........

Fuge002.jpg

Fuge003.jpg

Fuge004.jpg

Fuge006.jpg

Drilled the tank ( yikes first time for that. only a $10 10 gal tho LOL! ). And the filter for bulkhead fittings. Added a "t" fitting and ball valves to the return and also a ball valve and tubing between the tank and filter to create a slow flow through the fuge. So far so good. Skimmer is pulling some funk already and the whole set up is surprisingly quiet. Time will tell. At the very least I increased the system gallonage a bit as well as filtration capabilities. How can that be a bad thing? ;D More pics...
Fuge008.jpg

Fuge009.jpg

Fuge012.jpg

Fuge014.jpg

For a hobby where we hate leaks, I sure punched holes in a lot of shtuff!

Fuge015.jpg

He he, had to get squishy into my tank thread.

Final ( almost, need to order a fuge light ) product.....

Fuge016.jpg

shtuff001.jpg

Still working on it. Thanks for looking. Take care!!

camz28 said:
Rich great job on drilling your own tank , now you need some stuff for your refugium ,tank looks good .

Why, THANK YOU SIR !

I was really surprised how aggressive I was able to get with the Dremel after I punched through. I had a blast putting it together. :)

I had regular hole saws for the filter though. ;)

Spent the day trying to reorganize the spaghetti that my " Reef control center" had become. ( Please no laughing)

I had a wavemaker to install but knowing I needed to fix this mess made me put it off for weeks...

gettinridofspaghetti001.jpg

Found out I didn't have a nice piece of wood to use for a panel. Then I remembered saving a large cracked plexi cabinet door from the dumpster at work. ( Hey, I said NO laughing! ::) ) So with some help from my better half We wound up with this....

gettinridofspaghetti002.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti003.jpg

gettinridofspaghetti004.jpg

Now, is it perfect? No. Better and functional? Absolutely.

I also just had to post this shot. Gotta love bow fronts huh?

gettinridofspaghetti018.jpg

Thanks for looking folks! Try to have a good week. ;)

Hey everyone, look who finally made friends!

005-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

007-3.jpg

I watched her bring it a nice chunk of 'peeze while feeding today. It was really something to see in my living room. Awesome.

Enjoy! :)

BobCReef said:
looks good Richie. I love clowns. I surprised they don't fight. My maroon was nasty. Would even attack me.
Thanks! They get along pretty well. But the Maroon clowns ARE nasty, no doubt about it. I don't know how many times I've jerked my arm out of the tank after being startled by a Maroon love bite!!

Clown fish are little pigs! But I love them as well. Like little puppy dogs in the water. :)

Gvtv44 said:
Well now- have I ever seen this? :mad: lol :p

Looks great :)
Hey thanks guys!

Gvtv44, this is actually my oldest tank, I just never got around to making a thread for it over at NR.
Although Diane (ce est ma) tells me I should. ;D

This tank continues to do OK for me. While it's considered a "large reef" over at NR, It is barely out of Nano here! LOL
Most peeps here have sumps larger than this! :eek:

OK, some pics while I'm here....

013-5-1.jpg

014-6.jpg

008-7.jpg

004-11.jpg

003-11.jpg

012-7.jpg

016-4.jpg

I know my camera skills are lacking, but I'm working on that too!

Hope you enjoy!