• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New, saying hi

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm currently cycling my first reef tank and have been using this forum and RC for a lot of help. So, thank you.

By the way, anyone near 08051(mantua)

C

concept3

welcome cap!

looking forward to seeing your tank pics if you have any.

questions? ask away!

Thanks for the welcome.  Here are some pics of the tank so far.  I'll try to remember to get some pics of the refugium and skimmer when i get a chance.

Wow I didn't relize they were so big.  I'll resize them next time

Attachments

• Tank 3.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Tank 4.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 96

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Welcome!!

The biggest lesson to learn is to be patient. Don't rush and throw everything in at once. And learn from these guys, they are some of the best.

Erna

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome Captn!

Feel free to ask all the questions you can! If we can't answer them, we can usually point you in the right direction.

Have you thought about becoming an official member of the club? You can then have access to our Member's Only forums and participate in some fantastic group buys! ;D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  ReefDrumz, I have been thinking of joining the club but when i go back to work it would be impossible to attend any meetings (work shift work, weekends, hollidays).  Think club members would probably frown upon not attending meetings.

momof6kids said:
The biggest lesson to learn is to be patient.

That has been the most difficult part.  I'm a very impatient person, but so far i haven't rushed a thing with this tank.

I'm off now to HD to pick up supplies to build a small area in the basement for QT, seperate refugium, and future RO/DI unit.  Ill keep everyone updated on this too.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I usually work 7 days a week and never made a meeting. I've meet a lot of great people here on NJRC, and very helpfull. Mike

Welcome Cap. Im new also. Definately pays to join whether you can make meetings or not. You get acess to the member forums which include chat sessions and the group buys are excellent and you save alot. Wish I had found this site years ago. Plus, you get a nice membership card :)

Mark

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Cap'n.  Welcome to the site!.  I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to attend meetings.  There's a lot more to membership than the meetings. As others have said, the members here are generous with their knowledge, friendship and support.

As an aside, if you can't make meetings, just send along a case of your screen name and 12oz can of coke  8)

I'll definately look into the membership.

JohnS_323 said:
if you can't make meetings, just send along a case of your screen name and 12oz can of coke  8)

You would have to pry it from my cold lifeless fingers, but then again I guess I could share.