• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

new tank setup

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tom,
You can do them in clear acrylic from the top of the tank to the bottom just like a regular RR tank. The acrylic will be covered in coralline in no time and you can mount GSP or something else to cover as well. You could even use Fusion paint if you wanted. I have an acrylic line bender and can make them in a snap. Figure: SF of material rounded up to the nearest SF x $10 (not including shipping).

Using the dimensions posted, you would need a piece 2' x 2.5' or 5 sf x $10 = $50 each + shipping.

I'll do 2 clear +/- 30"x10"x6" for $80 + shipping (you are a NJRC Member right?). Or I could bring them to the meeting.  LMK

thanks Rich,
I'll Let you know I had a couple of people interested in the tank, if it doesn't sell I'll take you up on your offer.

Will do Bill Thanks, the tank came in today along with the sand and a new canopy. Tomorrow I might start water proofing the stand depending on how I feel.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'll take the tank for a friend of mine. He's also looking for a 75gal to make into a sump. I'm also getting him to join NJRC. He's a perfect person for us. He's a licenced plumber for 30 years, and always willing to help.

Made some...not much.... progress today

100_0429.jpg

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

it came with the other tank. It was a Berlin sump, I did some modding to it for a fuge, I goofed on the design, now I'm trying to fix it.

Here's the water level with the baffle to high

100_0439.jpg

100_0438.jpg

with the sump off

100_0440.jpg

the water level after lowering the baffle height 1"
Image002-1.jpg

and now some progress pic's

100_0436.jpg

100_0445.jpg

100_0446.jpg