• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Website

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure when the gallery will be in place. Until then, maybe you could use Photobucket. That seems to be the site of choice for posting images.

I love the new look.... except for one thing.... someone needs to take the NJRC logo at the top and remaster it into a new color.... something with less color vibration against the red. Red and blue vibrate heavily against one another (as does red and green, which is a handy excuse when you don't feel the need to overly tackify your home for Christmas... or if you're too lazy to overly dress the house one year XD ).

Other than that, and the MIA gallery, I absolutely love the layout.

I'm just a color freak. ;D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That logo was a first attempt that should never have hit the presses. Unfortunately I grabbed the wrong one. Hopefully the new one will hit the streets soon enough.

Work in progress, gang. Hang in there.

Daniel

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You got it Phyl ;D I can only hang for so Long :-* Or I will fall off ::)

Hey Phyl

this is just my opinion, but I think that a blue, even around the logo, would
work better. The way it is now, imo, is going to be hard on the eyes. Blue have
a much calmer effect on the eyes. Can you try it with ble? The logo will also
show better.

just my opinion

rev

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As I've posted earlier in this thread, that logo was an early attempt and not the final. I goofed when I sent the copy to the Webmaster. I'm waiting to have it replaced. Sorry!

Sorry to critique,

but can the font also be changed, I where glass, as well as other, but I'm only
speaking for myself. A little larger would be easier to read. imo

rev

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Rev,

Thanks for the feedback. You can adjust the size of the font yourself. If you look on the top right, there are 3 letter A's. Click the one on the right and it will bump all of your fonts up to a larger size.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can also make the screen wider that way (the buttons to the right of the As make the screen wider and more narrow).

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The "Show Posts Since Your Last Visit" is a beautiful thing!
I'm going to start lobbying now for some more fun smileys. (I know....bottom of the list)

:-\No HTML support :'(

:-\No HTML support :'(

I know its been said but the red top has to go I'm getting dizzy looking at it

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
While I appreciate the feedback, there are many things that are in progress behind the scenes between fixes, changes and new features. The logo will change (it will be white), other than that the colors are staying, and I'm not looking for a list of "Nice to Haves" yet. I'll be sure to post when we're ready for that list. In the mean time I have my hands full.

If you run across a bug please let me know.

Change isn't always easy, but let's all just let it settle in and get used to it for a while.

malulu

NJRC Member
i like this new features - "Show new replies to your posts" alot!!!!!!!!
cool!!!!

keep up the good work, again, if you need help, let me know... am web developer also...
;D

Phyl said:
While I appreciate the feedback, there are many things that are in progress behind the scenes between fixes, changes and new features. The logo will change (it will be white)...

Lol... sorry... it's just that red/blue and red/green color vibration makes my eyes hurt.

I actually love the new design and wish everyone could be experiencing the new setup the way I am. I'm currently on my Powerbook G4 (the little, white Mac laptop) and in Safari (because I'm too lazy to move my bookmarks over to Internet Explorer). With the steel and grey of Safari, and the red/grey tones of the website, it looks awesome from my POV. If any of you have a chance to view it in Safari, I completely recommend it. It's like you guys designed it with this browser in mind! ;D

I think you might have logged in after they removed the blue logo... I'm running a Mac book Pro on a 21" and still looked relly bad. It look better now except that by default it opens and leaves a white space on the right side of the red logo. I attached a picture.

Attachments

• q.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 96

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
What browser are you using? Could you clear your cache? That doesn't look like that here.

Thanks.