• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Website

Right now I'm using IE7 on MS Vista Business. I cleared all cache this doesn't happen on Firefox. I will try another PC that has IE7.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 69
I just tried a Windows XP machine running IE 7 with the same results. the template is not "compatible" with IE7. This will affect any new PCs that come with MS Vista and anyone that upgrades to Vista (I would not recomend upgrading to vista.... I hate it... but thats another issue)

The white next to the logo should be mostly resolved for IE7 now, with a workaround of putting a news blurb up there. We'll work to resolve the other (hopefully minor) IE7 issues over the coming days and weeks.

In the meantime, I'd highly recommend using Firefox for all browsing...

You can add a transparent gif/png to buffer that space instead of that news blurb. The navigation bar has the same problem another transparent gif/png would help there too.

Let me know if you need help

Hey guys I attached a transparent png that should be wide enough to expand the red without the news blurb.

Attachments

• top-spacer.png
    101 bytes · Views: 63

Hey guys a lot of avatars are not fitting correctly under this template, whats the max size for an avatar for this template?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm checking with the webmaster on that one. The max size of the avatars also has something to do with your screen width. Try using the wide screen version and see if that doesn't fix it for you. (it is at the top next to the A buttons).

I've also forwarded him the fixes to the IE7 issues. Hopefully we'll get those taken care of shortly.

The new design is nice, my request is very basic. Make the Font size larger for the regular thread text. I would also make a little darker. I've got Reef Central in one window and NJRC in the other. The Reef Central text is much easier on the eyes.
Sucks getting old:)

Looks great overall.
Thanks
Hef

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Have you used the large A at the top of the screen? I can look into making the font black instead of dark gray.

Phyl said:
The max size of the avatars also has something to do with your screen width. Try using the wide screen version and see if that doesn't fix it for you. (it is at the top next to the A buttons).

Bingo, wide screen works.

Wide screen, big fonts, that's the ticket!

BTW:

THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK! :D

Regarding the avatars, it looks like we could set a max size now, and if you uploaded an image and it was too large, it'd get resized. But since I doubt anyone wants to do that, I guess just fixoring them to be around 100x100 will fix it. I think you can get away with 115 pixels wide or so.

This should be resolved. Comment here if not. Cheers!

lithivm said:
I think you might have logged in after they removed the blue logo... I'm running a Mac book Pro on a 21" and still looked relly bad. It look better now except that by default it opens and leaves a white space on the right side of the red logo. I attached a picture.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Our advisors have recommended against allowing HTML within the forum posts. My condolances to those who are saddened by this news, but that's why we have advisors, right? Thanks for your input. I truly appreciate the ideas and we'll continue to implement the ones that we can as we go along!