• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJRC 2011 Frag Swap Pictures!

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Phyllis, I was expecting you to be there because you always helped in the past events... so I was wondering where you were. You were missed, if that means anything.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks George! Means a lot to know we were missed. Things are hectic with my daughter's cheer team headed to the national competition in a few weeks. Between that and and my shooting schedule I've been tied up more weekends than not these days. Good to know you are all carrying on the tradition!

great photos i enjoed them all i wish i could have been there but seeing this thread made me almost feel like i was

@phyl - anytime!!! Dr. Mac and (becky?) were asking about you! Also RichT. anyways they wanted to extend their greetings! It's too bad you weren't there as I am positive your nikon and (more importantly) photo skills would have been far better for this thread!

@terri - thanks! but more importantly thank you for the constant help with that badge machine!!!!

@lps1212 - great to hear! I figured i'd take as many pics as possible to help document the event. Supposedly TFH has taken two pics from this thread for publication!

more pics....

033.jpg

coral theory

037.jpg

knockout aquatics

038.jpg

cleaner shrimp on deresa clam

039.jpg

Close up of an ORA clam that was enticing....

040.jpg

Gotham Aquatics

041.jpg

frags

042.jpg

frags

043.jpg

dry goods from gotham

044.jpg

more dry goods

045.jpg

and more...

now i forget if these were also sold by gotham - but they were on this table...near by them....

046.jpg

047.jpg

A bit out of order are these - as i kinda posted pictures as if you were walking thru the hall from left to right.

Anyways - champion lighting - this was across from Dr. Jim

105.jpg

(that's chris facing us btw - from Coralvue, formerly of Icecap).

108.jpg

zoathids.com - unfortunately i didn't take any close-ups. oh well.

109.jpg

Boston Aqua farms - i picked up a really nice pair of bone cutters for a great price!

112.jpg

Suntuity - solar power!

111.jpg

should've asked dan to turn around...

Last edited by a moderator:
I somehow missed inserting Reefs Creation as a vendor. They were after Allquatics and before GothamAquatics (again in my mind going clockwise).

129.jpg

banner pic

130.jpg

frags galore!

113.jpg

Acan lighting. funny story -this dude comes to the front where I'm sitting with Curt/George/Terri and says "what's the password for the wireless"? I do a double take and ask hey do you recognize me? After the initial shock...the inside scoop is that we lived on campus together almost 20 years ago. What a crazy small world.

136.jpg

Laura B (formerly of Icecap, now Acan) and Lester R (my old college buddy) from Acan Lighting.

134.jpg

Owner of Acan Lighting (on left), speaking with Chris (formerly of icecap, now with Coralvue), in the background is the TFH reporter speaking with Joe Y of Atlantis Marine World.

154.jpg

Joe Y (Atlantis Aquarium), speaking with ed, nikki and one other person before his talk.

133.jpg

TFH Reporter (on left) talking with magic and paulM.

150.jpg

Some schlep pretending to guard the cash register....hahah just joking george! I didn't take a picture of the person to his left...i kept my promise as she requested no pictures!!

156.jpg

NJRC hands-on working to get the badge printer to print!

096.jpg

the other side with david & brian. Sorry Curt - you were here a long time too - i forgot to grab a pic. I think you were outside grabbing a smoke!

022.jpg

Raffles

021.jpg

raffles (in the background i caught our fearless pres - Mike working hard - he was never in one spot for more than a few minutes!)

124.jpg

raffles

Finally - i don't recall where this vendor was - so apologies for the late post - there were SOO many vendors.
145.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had to leave early so i missed all the raffle goodness.

My day ended with a trip all the way up north to Ft. Lee, NJ for a bday party. Family thing. I was tired - but it was nice to see this:
173.jpg

which after we ate - was still this:
191.jpg

Of course honestly if I could have done it - I would have preferred staying til the end to partake in the raffles and also any last minute clearance sales.

Hope you guys all enjoyed the pics! No more to post to this thread.

howze01

NJRC Member
Great pics!! Thanks for posting them!

The last vendor you posted (Frags Unlimited) was next to Dr. Mac and across from where Acan was before they tured their booth.

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Yea nice job Phil. Thanks for taking all those pictures. They look great.