• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NJR's 55G

I was wondering what would be the limit of lighting on a tank especially L.e.d's? I do plan on getting led's which i just need 1 more fixture of 120 watts. Therefore i will have in total 240 watts. Im currently running 216 watts of T5's at the moment.

Picture of the Ro/di system. I hope I connected the right tubes to where they belong lol. Btw how can I change the membrance is there a special tool for it or key for it?

aefc119f-949a-a3b1.jpg

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The one side of the housing unscrews to get the membrane out (left side in that Pic). Do you have the wrench to get the other filters out? I'll check how you have it all connected tomorrow.

The one side of the housing unscrews to get the membrane out (left side in that Pic). Do you have the wrench to get the other filters out? I'll check how you have it all connected tomorrow.

nope i dont have any wrench but i did k.o myself 3 times opening the ro/di filters does that count for a wrench? lol. But for tomorrow Brian you have my # already just lmk what time you will be here by tomorrow.

Last edited:
quick update on the tank but no pictures sorry lol. So i have a pink and gold frag and 1 true percula and 1 pistol shrimp that i purchased last night last but no least i also purchased a ellibe angel hopefully i spelled it the right way lol but i finally have a shrimp that lives in my tank for more then 5 mins lol. so far the pistol shrimp is doing good and its on a container too. As for tank equipment i will be placing another order of a 120 watt led next week hopefully. The Ro/Di hasnt made hes way back home lol ever since Brian came over to take a look at it and take it home to fix. Brian if your reading this please give me any updates on the Ro/Di if it made it or not lol.​

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think you mean an Eibli Angel. I have one and it's a lot more timid than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to me my most aggressive fish, being that it's an angel, but he's not aggressive at all.

Some of them have been known to nip at some corals, but mine never has. Good luck with it, they are beautiful fish.

After the rough 2 days we had working at the swap, Brian was likely too tired to work on the Ro/Di. I'd say give him a day or two to recoop. ;)

I think you mean an Eibli Angel. I have one and it's a lot more timid than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to me my most aggressive fish, being that it's an angel, but he's not aggressive at all.

Some of them have been known to nip at some corals, but mine never has. Good luck with it, they are beautiful fish.

After the rough 2 days we had working at the swap, Brian was likely too tired to work on the Ro/Di. I'd say give him a day or two to recoop. ;)

Yes that's the angel i have and he hasn't nipped none of my corals yet even thou i just have a pink and gold frag only lol but other then that he doing find. Reason why i got he was due to hes amazing color patterns on him. Yes i spoke to Brian about the Ro/di he told be everything that happen to him hope he gets well too =)

Quick update i just placed my order my new skimmer which is a Bubble Magus BM-NAC5A. Also i have a acan frag that i got for my birthday too here are the picture but i still dont know what kind of acan it is unless its just an Australian acan

SPS Coral.jpgSPS 2.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
The scientific name is Acanthastrea Lordhowensis which was shortened to Acan Lord and now just Acan as they have become incredibly popular and available in the recent past. Looks like a nice frag, watch the angel around it. Angels are known to like fleshy LPS, like an acan, and if it looks like it is getting nipped then that is why.

Lately my angel fish has been hiding under a rock since i also got a hippo tang for my birthday she about 1 inch. But before i got the hippo tang the angel fish would swim all around the tank. Might it be cause they have the same body shape form or since the hippo tang is bigger then my angel fish?

Some quick updates my angel fish passed away last weekend it stopped eating. as you can see i have acan frag there wide open right now. But as soon im done with school i will keep you guys updated more. Oh yea will be getting another 120 watt led soon. One more thing i finally upgraded my skimmer from the sea clone one to a BM NAC5 skimmer and yes its finally skimming too =)