• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

North Jersey Get together/ meet

I think the biggest problem with going to peoples homes is parking. I know when I hosted I had close to if not over 50 people. Fortunately I had the room for all the cars. However some of the parties I went to you had to park blocks away from the house and walk. Or, there were so many cars in the driveways whoever got to the party first was blocked in by all the other ars and they couldn't leave. LOL!

Times change, people too. back then with more members there was a greater chance of someone taking the initiative and others to join in- today people are wary of hosting anything- even with family. Me, personally, I'm tired of staying at home, spending my time staring at the tank/ or computer screen. I don't like crowds in confined places now- but covid got me back into the hobby after 30 years out- I've met some great people here and got some great deals- even freebies. Even if this doesn't work out this year- there's always next- I'm not going anywhere ( like it or not lol )- for at least another year :cool:
You can always come over here by yourself. Theres plenty of room for separation. LOL! pm me for address

DYIguy

NJRC Member
So, I'm going to start a new thread with 3 questions- are you interested, family or swap style and what county are you from- so we can determine whether it's time for one

DYIguy

NJRC Member
LOL! LOL! If your going to gaze at my tank thats fine. If your going to be gazing at me.......well that sounds a little sketch.
Well, you're the one that offered LOL!- One never knows lol- takes all kinds, and I don't discriminate

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Bumping this, now that the 'southies' had their meet, hoping we can do another. @momof6kids offered to host after the kids got off to school- hoping she'll still consider- in Somerset county- another offer was in Hunterdon I think. Anyone else offering?

Bumping this, now that the 'southies' had their meet, hoping we can do another. @momof6kids offered to host after the kids got off to school- hoping she'll still consider- in Somerset county- another offer was in Hunterdon I think. Anyone else offering?
I am still fairly new to this reef club, and would like to meet some people. please keep me and others posted. Would love to come!

Also if I may add, I remember when inappropriate reefer introduced his viewers about what his reef club would do during meetings. One of them was this: The entire club or people who attend this meet would chip in money to purchase a random colony of coral and would host polls to decide what coral it would be. Then during the meetup, everyone who attends and is a member, will all get a frag from that colony. idk, just my two cents...i thought that was something cool and interesting. (of course this would be for members only)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Also if I may add, I remember when inappropriate reefer introduced his viewers about what his reef club would do during meetings. One of them was this: The entire club or people who attend this meet would chip in money to purchase a random colony of coral and would host polls to decide what coral it would be. Then during the meetup, everyone who attends and is a member, will all get a frag from that colony. idk, just my two cents...i thought that was something cool and interesting. (of course this would be for members only)
A thought

I have no idea what your talking about, just a get together, maybe sell/trade some frags, equipment and get to enjoy the hosts home and get to see their tank /setup
Ok then nevermind lol, just getting together and selling/trading frags and equipment is good enough for me! :) I was just saying that people who are members for maybe future get togethers could do something like that where we all chip in to get a colony of whatever coral and then frag it all up for everyone during the meetup.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Ok then nevermind lol, just getting together and selling/trading frags and equipment is good enough for me! :) I was just saying that people who are members for maybe future get togethers could do something like that where we all chip in to get a colony of whatever coral and then frag it all up for everyone during the meetup.
I didn't read your whole post- it is a good idea- My eyes/ brain isn't what it used to be- I just hope we get get the meet going, then we can talk ideas- sorry about that

I didn't read your whole post- it is a good idea- My eyes/ brain isn't what it used to be- I just hope we get get the meet going, then we can talk ideas- sorry about that
Of course, no problem! No need to apologize, these past couple days have been dull especially with all of this residual hurricane rain we've been having. I too hope we all can meet up soon! I need to be social again. I will save the rest of my ideas for the meetup! :)

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Of course, no problem! No need to apologize, these past couple days have been dull especially with all of this residual hurricane rain we've been having. I too hope we all can meet up soon! I need to be social again. I will save the rest of my ideas for the meetup! :)
Ideas are great and don't need to wait for a meet to actually happen- some may encourage other's to attend. The storm did some damage here. Part of the ceiling in my office actually fell on my head- I lived lol

Ideas are great and don't need to wait for a meet to actually happen- some may encourage other's to attend. The storm did some damage here. Part of the ceiling in my office actually fell on my head- I lived lol

I haven't been 'okay' in quite a while :D , small leak in the roof/ ignored becomes a big hit on the head- my bad- my tanks are ok though:cool:
lol, at least your tanks are good but now theres a hole in your ceiling haha