• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Our new project

We are starting a new project. Anthony picked up a 180 gallon acrylic tank and unfinished stand. It also is has a closed loop with Ocean motions. It is scratched up pretty good so I will be refinishing the acrylic. And skinning the stand. I will post before pics and pics of our progress. The tank dimension are 51Lx29Wx28D. It will be replacing our 150 cube. We are running out of room in the 150. The cube has been already sold. We are going to start breaking the cube down this week. We are placing the inhabitants in our tanks downstairs. So while I'm doing the tank Anthony is going to repaint the living room. Killing 2 birds with one stone. I will post pics later today.

photo1-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

When I say project I really mean project. This is before we got it. I will take a pic tomorrow with it just cleaned up. We still need to take out the scratches

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ant told me you guys were upgrading again. I thought you would never let go of the cube since it was so beautiful! Then again, we're talking about Ant here and he just has that bug to keep going bigger. :D

The stand looks to be well built at least. Definitely needs a skin, but sturdy. I'd offer to help with that, but you know how long it's taking me to do my own, LOL. This snow is really slowing me down because I have no room in my garage to work on it inside. Let me know what your plans are for yours though. I'm curious how you will do it. I can definitely help the day you set it all up if you need an extra pair of hands. Just let me know.

Teri, I knew you would end up buffing out the acrylic again. At least this time you got him to paint the living room. Dance

We are not sure how the stand held up with water in the tank it was undersized and it was not sturdy at all. Anthony redid the stand it just needs to be skinned.

photo46.jpg

photo45.jpg

As you can tell the overflow box is off centered in the tank. My plans is to completely hide the box with rock and flow down to the left side of the tank.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hold on! Anthony and Terri purchased a new tank.......time to change my underware!!!

You guys buy more tanks more frequently than I change my underware!

Congratulations.....for the moment.....because before long you'll be doing it again!

Keep the pictures coming.....I want to see it all.

I cannot believe how fast you got it cleaned up. Sounds like a great plan. Where are the returns you said on one end? The 4 holes are for closed loop circulation?

Great job cleaning that up. I've seen tanks before with a center overflow. Rock all around to hide it but those were both centered in the room as well so basically a 360* view. It was pretty cool to watch that.

Yes the four holes is the closed loop and the return is in the overflow box. The weekend is going to be pretty nice so we will start sanding the tank and then buff it out, and if we have enough time we will start skinning the stand in knotty pine.