• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Peninsula Cooter

Hey guys,

I need to find a home for a peninsula cooter turtle. 386853_3838753760368_1843758236_n.jpg

He is 3 years old, and about 7 inches long. He is aggressive to other turtles (Flapping but not biting) so would do best in his own tank or with a submissive female. He currently lives in a 120 tall tank with 2 large tinfoil barbs, an iridescent shark couple of platy's and an overgrown feeder that he never ate.

He is a warm weather species and can't hibernate, so he cannot be housed in an outdoor pond. As long as you have a 55g tank with the knowledge that he will need a larger tank fairly soon, he should be ok.

I also have his tank for sale once he is gone or with him. It's the older style 120 tall with no center brace and extra thick glass. for 300 obo. Metal stand, no light or filter. I may have an old t-12 strip in the garage that will fit it and a hood as well if I didn't toss it. Again, I can't part with the tank without the turtle getting a new home first.

I also have a male Pink Belly sideneck for sale for $100 he is biting the female of the same species and is aggressive (no bites his harassing) to male turtles. He can also go with the tank because I have another tank I can house one of these two in if needed.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hey Rob. That's a nice looking turtle you got there.

My bro-in-law is a long-time reptile keeper and has had many different species of turtles, snakes, lizards, etc.

Anyway, I sent him an email to see if he's interested. Not sure if he has a tank available that's big enough for this guy, but if he's interested he'd be a perfect candidate for you.

I'll keep you posted.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Rob,
Heard back from him last night. He said he would love to but doesn't have a tank big enough (nor room to put in another tank) so he will have to pass. Sorry it didn't work out.

Good luck finding him a new home.