• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

pmac90's... well, 90!!

Ok, so it's not so much a tale, But I wanted to at least get a pic of my tank up on the site. My reef is a little over a year old... that's after a few booboos with fish onlys and such. But, I think I'm starting to get this whole thing after almost 2 1/2 years. :p
You can't see everything cause it's just a quick shot with the camera phone. I'll hopefully get something better on soon... including sump shot and gadgets (nothing is in the basement though, so don't get to excited) :D

full_tank_9_2007.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Awww man! I thought it was your birthday!

Tank looks great, Pete! What's that pink/red mass on the bottom right?

Phyl said:
Awww man! I thought it was your birthday!

Tank looks great, Pete! What's that pink/red mass on the bottom right?

haha....
It's a Red Goniopora, not sure of the exact species but it's much tighter/smaller then most flower pots. one of my favorites!!

0517071944.jpg

camera phone again

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Looks really healthy! Great job with it. How long have you had it for? Has it grown/split for you at all?

Phyl said:
Looks really healthy! Great job with it. How long have you had it for? Has it grown/split for you at all?

Thanks! I've had it for about 10 months I think. Growth has definately been minimal but that could be the lack of lighting (only running 320 watts of T5), and it has not split. But it always seems to be happy! :D

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's my understanding that they do quite well under T5s/PCs. Don't feel like you're under lighting it. I think they actually prefer less light to more.

Phyl said:
It's my understanding that they do quite well under T5s/PCs. Don't feel like you're under lighting it. I think they actually prefer less light to more.

ok, good! I do make sure it's fed, which might be more important to it then light. I do need to start changing up my foods though.
goniopora.org is an awesome site, by the way.

couple more shots....
extreme zoom doesn't look great
0517071943.jpg

about as good as my fish pics get! :'(
clown.jpg

double sump with bulkhead 8)
PC230805-1.jpg

blue trumpet
P1190856.jpg

and light setup.....
canopy.jpg

Looks great Pete!

I'm hoping to give a goni a try someday. I love gonipora.org as well, although I haven't been there in a while.

jazzsam said:
Wow, I love how clean and organized it all looks!

thanks Sam. I've had some coralline growth with the light since then. But, a mag7 pumped from the one side to the other mixes it up real nice!

blange3 said:
Looks great Pete!

I'm hoping to give a goni a try someday. I love gonipora.org as well, although I haven't been there in a while.

thanks Bill. It's funny, I won this one at the other clubs (sjmrc) meeting... fell for it since it's been in the tank.

RichT said:
Did you put reflectors on the bulbs?

Yeah, Rich, I put on the individual reflectors.
oh, and the lamps are fired by a 660. I guess you figured that out from the wattage I gave though.

I took a few shots with my new Nikon D40. Enjoy!!

Full tank...
DSC_0182.jpg

Blastos...
DSC_0184.jpg

Clown Goby in a Digi
DSC_0185.jpg

Acans...
CSC_0172.jpg

Grape Cap...
DSC_0167.jpg

Scopas Tang...
CSC_0175.jpg

Lubbocks Wrasse...
DSC_0065.jpg

Thanks John. It'll be a Darn shame when I have to take it all down and buy a bigger tank when I get my house soon. shucks. :p