• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

pmac90's... well, 90!!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
pmac90 said:
Thanks John. It'll be a Darn shame when I have to take it all down and buy a bigger tank when I get my house soon. shucks. :p

Yeah, that'll be a shame. But just think how nice your 750g 4-sided starfire tank is gonna look when it's all done.

JohnS_323 said:
pmac90 said:
Thanks John. It'll be a Darn shame when I have to take it all down and buy a bigger tank when I get my house soon. shucks. :p

Yeah, that'll be a shame. But just think how nice your 750g 4-sided starfire tank is gonna look when it's all done.

I was thinking 180 but ok, I'll give the 750 a price check.

pnoyreefer said:
Nice tank PeTe

Thanks Steve!

Phyl said:
Looks great, Pete. Those blastos have grown nicely!

yeah, Phyl, It was one of those corals I didn't realize how much it's grown until I looked at an old pic. The green stars on the other hand, are rediculous.

I really like your tank, but are those aiptasia anemones in the pictures?  Do you have problems with them?  It sure doesn't look like it but you read everywhere they are evil and bad.

JRWOHLER said:
I really like your tank, but are those aiptasia anemones in the pictures? Do you have problems with them? It sure doesn't look like it but you read everywhere they are evil and bad.

thanks!
yes, I have aiptasia... only bad if they touch corals. haha I try to keep them under control with joes juice or a homemade mix... I'll be breaking the tank down when I move so I'm not going crazy to get them all. My mushrooms kill things too so does it really matter. lol

No probably not in the end. I am pretty new really so don't take it as a flame attempt. If anything I was just wondering because I have a few, plan on getting some peppermint shrimp this weekend and just hope they get them before my pseudocromis gets them ::)...I sort of wondered what all the fuss was about, your corals look great.

JRWOHLER said:
No probably not in the end. I am pretty new really so don't take it as a flame attempt. If anything I was just wondering because I have a few, plan on getting some peppermint shrimp this weekend and just hope they get them before my pseudocromis gets them ::)...I sort of wondered what all the fuss was about, your corals look great.

Oh no, didn't take it as a flame at all. I tried a couple peppermints when I first started seeing the aiptasia, But lost them faster then any aiptasia. The preditor thing seems to be hit or miss with some pests. Although it didn't help that some of my aiptasia look like they could eat a shrimp!! I would definately say be proactive and don't slack on getting them, cause they multiply/grow quickly. Joes Juice in the mouth, the only way to go.
Thanks again.

I know I haven't been drinking the diet shasta and it slipped by me too :D Tank looks great Pete, that gsp must look really cool flowing back and fourth all day. I do think it's time to frag the blasto...hint ;) ;)

panmanmatt said:
That could've been it. Guess I need to stay away from the light stuff from now on.
get out the JD 8)

sinkingbeach said:
I know I haven't been drinking the diet shasta and it slipped by me too :D Tank looks great Pete, that gsp must look really cool flowing back and fourth all day. I do think it's time to frag the blasto...hint ;) ;)
Thanks! the gsp are awesome and getting annoying. lol
are my little blastos "elite" enough for you Sn.. I mean Francis? hehe :p